“I thought I had died and gone to heaven!”

The Waterside Restaurant Bar & Terrace
Price range: US$4 - US$33
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of the Pennines, this loungey little bar and restaurant in Littleborough provides the perfect pitstop for weary sightseers and is a cosy spot popular with locals for intimate evening meals and superb Sunday roasts. The Waterside Restaurant and Bar has a stylish and comfortable interior decorated with chocolate brown sofas and high-backed leather booths for semi-private dining, and there is an al fresco terrace for sunny outdoor dining during the warmer months. Famous for its roasts, the kitchen at Waterside offers a variety of options from the minted lamb shoulder to the salted pork crackling and roasted Tunisian lemon chicken. Fish fans will also love the seafood selection ��� we love the smoked haddock lasagne with Atlantic shrimps and wilted spinach.
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Despite living in the area for 13 years, I had never tried this restaurant. Wanting to try something new my daughter and I decided to give it a try. It is quite small inside but has a nice ambience. We weren't very hungry so we went straight to the mains. I had the garlic mushroom fillet steak with Gorgonzola sauce and my daughter had the lamb shank. Both were absolutely fantastic but my fillet was truly heavenly. I have eaten in many much higher end restaurants but I can only think of one that matched the quality and taste of the food. We had the toffee pudding and Eton mess for dessert were both lovely. All the servers were really pleasant and we had a fantastic evening. We will definitely be back.

2  Thank Formidablelady

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Visited late on a Sunday evening having read the great Tripadvisor reviews, unfortunately we must have visited at the wrong time , the food was ok, the steaks would have benefited from a few chips and the service was only average

3  Thank John J
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Went with a group of friends. The service was excellent, as was the food generally.The portions are generous, so only one person had dessert: the waitress brought (unprompted) an extra coupe of spoons in case we wanted a taste. The meat is truly excellent: we all had fillet steak as we had a 20% loyalty voucher from one of the group. Parking is very limited, which can be a problem if you have impaired mobility, though there is a car park 100 metres away.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I have reviewed this restaurant before but this is the first time I have tried their Sunday lunch and have to say I was more than impressed. The pork and crackling was delicious and of course the service as always excellent.

2  Thank trshk
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

It was our first time visiting The Waterside, and without a doubt it won't be our last. From the moment we walked in the staff couldn't do enough for us. We dined Al Fresco in the gorgeous Mediterranean style gardens. Such a relaxed atmosphere as the sun went down, we could've stayed all night. The food was simply amazing, we chose from the pasta menu which we hadn't realised wasn't on the evening menu, and so we were about to choose something else but the chef said it wasn't a problem at all, and accomodated us without hesitation and I'm so pleased he did because it was the best pasta dish I've ever tasted. The menu included so many delicious choices, even the drinks menu was creative. The restaurant itself is beautifully designed and the outside drinking/dining area gave us that 'being on holiday' feel. Staff are so welcoming and the owner Lisa took time out for a chat. So many little personal touches to contribute to a fantastic evening. Will definately be recommending to friends and returning ourselves. Thank you to all at The Waterside for a great night.