“Two visits in a week”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Rochdale, United Kingdom
“Two visits in a week”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I recently visited The Lake Lounge Bar & Restaurant for Lunch and because it was so good revisited the following week in the evening for Tapas.
Friday Lunch; There were six of us and most of us chose from the "Early Bird" menu (served until 6.30pm) - two courses for £9 (if I remember correctly!) We expected the portion sizes to be smaller, but we were wrong - they were huge! I can thoroughly recommend the homemade cheese and onion pie. It was one of the best I had tasted.
Friday Evening (Tapas); I phoned ahead to see if I needed to book a table and was glad I had -when we arrived the place was really busy with a mix of people drinking and eating (there is no separate bar area, which some people may not like but we didn’t mind it). There is also a beer garden to the rear. Back to the food, we ordered 5 Tapas dishes and we were advised as they were very busy there may be a slight delay. We were served within 10 minutes, which was a great surprise. Again, the portion sizes were generous (for Tapas) and very good value.
The service on both occasions was great; the staff were very friendly and efficient. I look forward to visiting again soon.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank Alexandra C

manchester
“Excellent food and good prices”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

A really nice place to eat, service was very good all staff very attentive. Food was fantastic everything was freshly prepared and the portions were very ample. Very good menu and prices very reasonable. I would highly recommend

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank lal21
Yorkshire
“The Main in Spain”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

As did many other reviewers, I came across this place after a pleasant walk around the lake. The area has ample cafes/restaurants to choose from and, at the time of writing, this one ranks 12th on TripAdvisor but if there are 2 better than this one, never mind 11, I would be very surprised! We were looking for a light lunch, and a tapas menu seemed an ideal opportunity to show some restraint for a change, so we opted for 6 dishes - two each - and some extra garlic bread. None of us are lightweights and I never feel full, but I'm sure we could have managed with just three dishes - the portions are extremely generous - and, not knowing what the quality would be like we played it safe and included a portion of patatas bravas that would have constituted a main meal on its own for some diners. By coincidence, two of us had just returned from a week in Andalucia, so our expectations of Anglicised tapas were pretty low - but we couldn't have been more wrong; the quality was very impressive, with excellent ingredients cooked and presented just right by an obviously talented chef. In fact, I doubt we would have finished the small mountain of food in front of us if it wasn't for the greed inspired by such great flavours. In particular, the prawns were amazing - large, plump and juicy and complemented perfectly by the accompanying tangy tomato-based sauce; if you visit, whatever dishes you choose, include at least one prawn dish - it really was as good as the best I'd eaten in Spain. The service was good and not at all intrusive and whilst at first glance you might mistakenly think that the Lake Lounge is more of a bar than a restaurant, the atmosphere was calm and suitable for family dining, with drinkers preferring the beer garden to indoors. Large meal for three, including half pints of beer, came to a very reasonable £35.

3 Thank LunningCinguist
Manchester, United Kingdom
“good food and decent prices”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I heard from my daughter about this restaurant come wine bar ,so took my wife there for a meal.
The service was friendly, the surroundings pleasant and when the food came a very pleasant surprise. The portions are of a good size and the vegetables cooked (not al dente/hard).
The Prices are really fair, try the burger and chips IT,S MASSIVE.
We will be returning in the near future and regularly.

1 Thank Stuart F
Gomersal, United Kingdom
“Lakeside Lounge - Lovely Saturday Evening Meal”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Went for a stroll around Hollingworth Lake and came across the Lake Lounge Bar and Restaurant.
Friendly staff, fabulous food, huge portions - thoroughly enjoyed it.
Although it became really busy really quickly as the evening wore on, the staff were making sure all their diners were happy.
Can't wait to go back!