“Lovely Place to Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Villa Pardi
Saltash, United Kingdom
“Lovely Place to Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

My mother stayed here and I shared breakfast each day.

The hotel is easily found and can be reached without a car as the bus from Pescara stops just outside and you can easily get a timetable online.

L'Angolina Pizzeria is just up the road in the large car park for the Sanctuary and the food is very good.

It is peaceful and the rooms are very tastefully decorated with a good sized bathroom.

Breakfast is extremely good with homemade sweet pastries as you would expect in Italy.Large dining room in the historic building and tables are not too close to one another.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank RebeccaJ61

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2012

Villa Pardi is a marvelous place to stay when visiting Manoppello. I was on a pilgrimage last summer which included a visit to the Volto Santo, the Holy Face of Christ imprinted on a piece of cloth. My initial problem was how to get there, and knowing that it's in an Italian village, if I can find a place to stay. Villa Pardi solved all my worries. As soon as I booked, I was immediately contacted by email by Emanuele (the villa's young and kind owner) and Johann to assist me on transportation issues. On the day of my arrival, Emanuele patiently waited for me at the bus terminal and drove me to Manoppello. The villa, set against the Majella mountains, was a dream come true for a person like me seeking spiritual respite from modernity. The place was so peaceful, my room was nicely prepared and the amenities were just right for an Italian manor like Villa Pardi. Free wifi was a bonus. And on my way back to Rome, Emanuele and his wife drove me back to the bus station! I came home regretting that I stayed only for a night. I'll surely put Manoppello, and Villa Pardi of course, in my itinerary the next time I'm in Italy.

Room Tip: Try getting one of the rooms at the main villa.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank junsar
North Berwick, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2012

Yes, I would recommend this hotel, but you need to judge it carefully. The rooms are spacious, with a nice bathroom and outside seating area. No wifi, despite claims to the contrary, in the room. The rooms are also set apart from the main building, which is neither a plus or a minus.
Breakfast is basic and we were a bit surprised to find that for cheese and like, you needed to pay extra! Not too much, but still.
We ate here three times and each time, the food quality went down. It started spectacularly, with Sunday lunch. At night, they did not change the menu, and it contained pork twice (out of 2 options). On Monday night, the selection had gone down to two choices! There is also not too much in the neighborhood, so be prepared to drive to get food if not eating in the hotel.
The hotel is 50 yards away from the Church with the veil, but know there are three parts to Manoppello, and for this part, if not coming in by car, you might find it hard to get here.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Paris, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2012

We stayed in this village B&B / guest house to visit the surrounding area, we came by car and I would not recommend trying to get here any other way. The hotel is very isolated, we actually gave up trying to drive off visiting and spent 2 days around the small pool which was on site. It was small but no one else was using it so it did not matter. It was a bit sad that out of 3 parasols only two were usable and then only just by bits of wire and bodge jobs, also only 3 loungers so lucky that there was no one else there!!!
This place encourages relaxation and we really did feel relaxed after two nights.
We were disappointed to be taken down a steep gravel slope to an outhouse were the room was, we had been under the impression that we would be sleeping in the villa itself. Saying this our room was lovely and the beds were very comfortable. Linen and towels are changed every 3 days and it would have been useful to have had a rack to dry them on . We ate both nights in the hotels restaurant. We paid 70 euros for each meal (3 people) with half a bottle of house wine included. Food was very good.
Breakfast looked mediocre until you tasted it when the quality made up for any initial misgivings.
It was a shame that the villa did not make better use of the land, out side our rooms was a green grassy area and a few wooden tables would have been nice, especially as it was written that no food was to be eaten in the rooms and there was no where in the immediate vicinity to have lunch.
Not sure that children would enjoy the stay and handicapped people would have trouble getting up the stony slopes.
The hosts were really charming, spoke good English and tried very hard to please.
I would defiantly go back I felt relaxed and ready to start the next step of our journey!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank vi0let17
Manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2012

This agritourismo is in a lovely setting has comfortable large rooms and fantastic food. It is worth just going for the food. The swimming pool is small but if you just want to cool down then it is fine. The owners and staff are freindly and helpful. They have regular concerts on the roof terrace for 30 euros, which includes dinner and wine.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2012

For those going to visit Manoppello to see the Volto Santo, this is your most convenient and attractive setting. It is just a very short distance from the basilica, making it easy to visit the Holy Face often.

Since it can be a challenge getting there without your own car, they will recommend the most efficient way and pick you up at the station for an additional charge. The total cost is most reasonable. I came from Rome via train and returned by bus without any difficulty. Johann speaks English well; that was beneficial for me. He even made the bus reservation and waited for me to board the correct bus before he left...a great service considering another bus was heading to Rome.

Breakfast is light but adequate. WiFi was available but not in the room. I had easy access on the beautiful porch and patio with shade trees and a gentle breeze.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank eiram55
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manoppello
Resort Regis
#1 of 3 in Manoppello
Agriturismo Il Portone
Agriturismo Il Portone
#1 of 4 in Abbateggio

Been to Villa Pardi? Share your experiences!