“Found this place by mistake.”
Review of Le Galion Beach

Le Galion Beach
Book In Advance
More Info
US$59.00*
and up
Mangrove Kayak Ecotour from Grand Case
More attraction details
Owner description: A horseshoe shaped beach known for its kid friendly atmosphere.
West Windsor Township, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Found this place by mistake.”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

And boy was it?! We were looking to find Orient Beach and made a few wrong turns. We parked our rental car at an opening for the beach area. Nice view and tons of things to do, but there was something amiss with the abandoned buildings covered in graffiti and the glass shards on the beach. I took a bunch of pictures of the beautiful scenery and decided to go snorkeling. I brought my camera bag back to my car and covered it with a towel and put it out of view. The problem I did not realize is the locals case you while you go to your car and they work together. The owner of the restaurant/bar/rental place saw that I had brought my camera bag back to the car, but offered me NO proactive warning. He couldn't be bothered. Can't have this attitude when people like me keep his business going. I strongly recommend avoiding this place. There are so many other great beaches in St. Martin/Sint Maarten. I ended up losing a Canon EOS camera and an Iphone. I was told to go to the Gendarmarie (police) which was impossible to find, and they made very little effort to help. My advice is to stay on the Dutch side and keep your valuables close. Overall I did not sustain a huge monetary loss, but losing the great pictures I snapped is beyond measure. Smarten up French St. Martin, you will lose tourists quickly.

4 Thank Jerry O

• Korean first
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“So peaceful”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

This was our favorite beach on our St. Maarten vacation! The waves break against the reef 150 yards out, so the water is so calm. Its perfect for young children to play in the sand. Crystal clear waters and a well taken care of beach. There is a shop with snacks and drinks and you can rent activities and chairs. Excellent time spent!

Visited May 2014
Albany
54 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Crowded Family beach”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We visited le Galion on a Sunday and it was jam packed with locals and tourists. Nice beach with dock to jump off of and separate swim area. Just a bit too intense with ice cream trucks and lots of activity in the parking lot. Not our highest ranked beach but definitely nice as water is shallow for kids and sand is nice.

Edmonton, Canada
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Great Beach For Young Kids”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We went to this beach during the week day. We LOVED it. The sand was great, and the water was so calm, warm, and clean. We kept talking about how great it would be to bring our kids here. We liked it so much that we came back again towards the end of our trip on a Saturday. It was crazy busy, with tons of local families. I was hit in the head with a ball while sitting on the beach. We didn't last long there that day! We still loved Galion, but I would recommend going there on a week day if you are looking for a peaceful tranquil experience.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank 5-Ohana-Travelers
Houston, Texas
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Great for young children”
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

My 3 year old loved it. Very calm water, very shallow pretty far out. Beautiful sand, clear pristine water. Very reasonably priced food. Rent an umbrella and chairs and they will bring a table out to you when you order food or drinks.

3 Thank amihuynh