“Nice place, totally recommend it” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Peniche Surf Camp

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Baleal
Peniche Surf Camp
Hohenems, Austria
“Nice place, totally recommend it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

I've found this place via Google and thought might be a good idea to go there. I've been surfing since years but never been to Peniche before so I thought I might be a good idea to book two surf lessons as well to see some of the spots around and talk to the guides.

One thing I noticed that the surf guides are just awesome. I did not expect that. They really cared about you and it wasn't just a money making service, they really wanted you to have a good surf. Thanks again guys!

The rooms and staff are great, nothing to complain about. Beds and everything is clean and new. I recommend the "wave tour" its just perfect to learn more about the spots around Peniche.

And never miss the BBQ!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Bucharest, Romania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

I stayed in Peniche Surf Camp 6 days and had an all-inclusive type of arrangement ( food, courses, accomodation)
We would wake up at 8-8:30, have breakfast ( milk, juice, bread, jam, cheese and bacon. Not a great selection, but enough in terms of quantity). At 9 we left for the beach ( great organization in terms of equipment - boards and wetsuits)
At the beach we had a 90 minutes session with an instructor ( all the instructors were fantastic)
Then break and lunch ( a large sandwich which was very good). Then another 90 minutes session.
Afterward we returned to the camp ( this was around 3 p.m.). the rest of the evening was free.
Dinner was dissapointing. Exept for barbeque twice a week, the evening food was pretty bad.

Accomodation was good - bunk beds, clean rooms, modern facilities.

I higly recommend the surf classes and the accomodation. Lunch is also good to buy from them, it saves you the hassle. But dinner - not there.

Overall, great!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

I can't reccomend this place highly enough - the rooms are very modern and clean, the staff are very genuine, helpful and friendly, the location is great, the food is cheap and good, the sun terrace is great with a view of the sur - you really can't go wrong here.
We were not taking surf lessons as we are long-time surfers - we were the only people that weren't there for beginner lessons and they all seemed to be having a good time.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay at Peniche surfcamp. The instructors are good, the location is perfect, and the rooms are good for the price. Staff are friendly and helpfull. The food provided when you order the full package is cheap, but nothing special.
I can for sure reccomend a stay at Peniche Surfcamp.

• Stayed July 2013
New Orleans, Louisiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2013

Baleal is a beautiful destination, especially if you are interested in surfing. My wife and I stopped here for two nights on our honeymoon to try to improve our surfing skills. The surf rental place is friendly and reasonably priced, but the accommodations were rather lame (clogged/cramped shower, really uncomfortable beds, and a door that was hard to unlock). Had we not been so exhausted at the end of each day, we probably would not have slept much.
We would definitely go back to Baleal, but would have to find a nicer room somewhere.

By the way, don't eat at the Brazillian restaurant ten minutes away from the store. They served us the worst meal we had on our entire 10-week honeymoon--disgusting and overpriced food paired with contemptuous service. All we could was laugh!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Vancouver Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2012

This camp just wasn’t for me, the buildings provided by camp had the potential to be nice, but weren’t that well-kept. The bedrooms were clean, but the common areas and kitchens were pretty disgusting and not really inviting to use. It was too bad that the building were so spread out as well, because it was hard to meet anyone. The surf houses would have probably been better for groups than solo travellers, but since construction on their main house had been greatly delayed, this was the only option for solo backpackers. The camp its self was the biggest disappointment, coming to Peniche, I had learnt the fundamentals of surfing and was hoping to just get a refresher on skills and then have an instructor educate me on how to deal with the beach break in the bay we were in (especially since I was used to a reef break). This interaction with my instructor didn’t occur, actually I got no instruction from my instructor, and really felt this camp was the biggest waste of money, since all I was doing was catching wave on my own. Which I could have easily done without paying money for lessons. I was greatly disappointed with my instructor and it actually really ruined my experience in surfing that I only stayed the one night in Peniche and left that afternoon for Lagos, a much better choice. Also another note, Peniche surf camp is not in the main town, it is in Balael, the town next to it, and if the surf sucks, there really isn’t ANYTHING going on in the town. Overall this surf camp was a disappointed, I was really expecting more.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank briesmie
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2012

The shared dorm we had was what you would expect for the price (bunk beds, 4 person shared rooms). Very nice people and great group activities though. Our apartment had a very nice fire place.

Had much more fun than expected initially (was my first time surfing). If you have a chance, go for the BBQ they organize!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Baleal
Hotel Soleil Peniche
#2 of 21 in Baleal
Surfies Baleal
Surfies Baleal
#4 of 21 in Baleal

Been to Peniche Surf Camp? Share your experiences!