“Best 2 weeks of my life”
Review of Baleal Surf Camp

Baleal Surf Camp
Reviewed 7 August 2013

When I was coming to Baleal for surfing I had several thouhts in my mind how it might look like but I had truely no idea that it was going to be THAT amazing.

Firstly, very professional, friendly and simply cool surf instructors who do their best to share your passion with you and teach you as quickly as possible how to catch the waves and, of course, have fun doing it. It was very motivating when after every wave you caught, you could hear a round of cheers from them! In addition, they have very personal attitude to every student. Therefore, you can feel very comfortable and improve your skills faster. We make surf trips as well to try surfing in other conditions(usually stronger current and bigger waves) which makes you more experienced and a little disappointed with your skills after you thought that actually you were doing quite well :P

Also, you can learn there that surfing is not just about sport, it changes somehow the way you want to spend your time and also your view on other people. Everybody there is very positive, inspiring and enjoys life simply.

To sum up, I'd like to make my review more balanced and to include some weak points but I really cannot complain on anything that I saw and experienced there. Accomodation, other students, instructors, barbecues(Bar do Bruno!), parties, atmosphere - everything was super cool. Oh, actually there is a bad thing about this camp, finally it ends and you have to come back home.

I recommend the camp to EVERYBODY, regardless of the age. Next year, I'm coming for at least 4 weeks, so see you there!

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 29 July 2013

I am writing in English for everyone to understand that this is one of the most beautiful place in the world. My 10 year daughter Oceane was delighted with the the lessons and with the care of the instructors Adelaide, Manel and Steven. O Bar do Bruno is a place where you feel alive, in peace. This is one of the places where anyone should go, at least once. Good waves for all of you. We will miss you a lot.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2013

The people are awesome, the place is awesome, the instructors are awesome. Just go there and you will have one of the best times of your life. You will meet lots of young and great people from around the world. Simply unforgettable.

Room Tip: You can chose individual rooms or bunkbeds.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Thanks to all at the Baleal Surf Camp, we had a GREAT time. The whole family loved it. Our boys were given individual attention, the food was yummie, the location gorgeous, even I joined in and was hooked by the end of the week. Can't wait til next year to go again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank expatwifelife
Reviewed 7 July 2013

I consider myself a very lucky girl 'cause I won a one week stay in the best surf camp ever: Baleal Surf Camp.

This was my first surf experience and it's been made simply unforgettable by the amazing people I got the chance to meet in Baleal and by the great waves that I surfed there.

Baleal is such a lovely place, the beach is beautiful and the sunsets are breath-taking.The hostel accomodation provided by Baleal Surf Camp is really nice: the 2 surf houses are 5/8 mins from the beach by walk, and they are very clean and comfortable. In addition to this, the staff is awesome, especially the surf instructors, and the same goes for the bartenders who work at Bar Do Bruno (the food is delicious here!). Speaking of the surf instructors, like I said they're all super friendly and very skilled (they're so passionate about surfing and teaching to other people, you'll notice that!), they'll teach you the best way possible and they'll treat you as if you're part of a big, lovely international family composed by surfers and people who love exchanging good vibes.
Also, you're gonna get addicted to surfing since you'll never have enough of the waves and you'll instantly get used to have the ocean all day every day, and so close to your accomodation.

Because of the beach, the waves and the people, you're gonna love Baleal Surf Camp so much and you'll wish you could stay there forever. I guarantee it's gonna be a life-changing experience, 'cause that's exactly what it was for me. I've been there in June 2013 and I'm already thinking about booking for 2 more weeks as soon as possible. I'm warning you: you'll get addicted to Baleal Surf Camp - just like me - 'cause it's such a special place!

Last but not least: big shout-out to the sweetest and most amazing surf instructors ever, Audrey and Monica. You girls are great surfers great teachers and now great friends! You both rock!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank LittleMermaidAlex
Reviewed 24 June 2013

This was my first surf camp experience and I stayed for a month it was that amazing! The staff both at the surf camp and the accommodation we always very helpful and friendly. The surf classes were always well structured with the aim of improving your surfing ability. All of the surf instructors were very knowledgeable and encouraging. Felippe the head coach was a great help to me over the month, taking the class skateboarding (to improve turns), out for dinner and even got me a Fatum test board for a few weeks.
The location of the camp ensures there is almost always a place to surf within walking distance and if not the classes move to a nearby location on a surf trip which enables you to surf different conditions and types of waves.
Baleal Surf Camp is a must do, a life changing experience.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 23 June 2013

really amazing place to stay, everyone is so friendly, the accommodation is great the instructors are brilliant! couldn't recommend more. accomodation is really close to the beach and surf school, as well as the supermarket bars and restaurants. the instructors are really helpful and attentive, and our classes were small. the food in the bar is delicious!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Baleal
MH Peniche
#3 of 101 in Peniche
Surfers Lodge Peniche
Surfers Lodge Peniche
#8 of 101 in Peniche

Been to Baleal Surf Camp? Share your experiences!