“Surfing with Baleal Surf Camp”
Review of Baleal Surf Camp

Baleal Surf Camp
London, United Kingdom
“Surfing with Baleal Surf Camp”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Hi Everyone!
If you're checking Baleal out here, it means u're considering it as an option for the summer, probably. I did the same thing last year, I made my decision and now, I decided to write here to help you!
So, surfing was a dream I had for a looong time. In the end I saved enough money, booked holiday in Baleal Surfcamp, packed my suitcases and went!
Arriving in the Peniche bus station makes you think of a desert! There aren't many things around, but there would be few people, some of them, just like you, arriving to get some surf! Guys from the surf camp picked me up, showed me around the place and stuff. I went to see the beach and the ocean... And that was the moment! The moment when you feel something amazing is coming, there's this good vibe in the air, the power of the ocean, the salt you can feel in your hair. You will feel it way more once you start surfing! There is this special connection between us and the water, but you will realize it after spending some hours in the water and seeing what amazing things it enables you to do! The surf guides will help you with it. Whatever obstacle you face in the water, they will struggle with you. Whatever progress you make, they will cheer for you and make you feel like a world champ! :D First take off, first green wave, first cut back- although you may not necessarily know what it is now, trust me- you will remeber those moments forever, like riding the bike for the first time!
In Baleal they teach surfing in small groups, depending on the skill level you have. It doesn't matter, if you've never surfed before or if you feel comfortable on 6.8- they will help you to start surfing, they will help you to improve your surfing. Beside the assist in the water, there would be a video coaching class- nothing helps better than seeing yourself from a different perspective :D ! What's really amazing about Baleal, is that out of the whole month I've been there, there were around 5 days when I couldn't surf- the waves are there most of the time!

The instructors there are surf addicts! I feel I've learnt so much from them- both surf and lifewise. Felipe and his team will not only teach you how to ride waves and be safe in the water- they will show you how they live: respecting the nature, respecting life and, most of all, enjoying it!!!
After a week, on friday night, u will see amazing pictures you didn't even realize they were taking and then- the Ricardo's film from the week, which everyone's waiting for!

The time in Baleal was one of the most amazing summers. The waves I had there, the people I met there, the sunsets I've seen there, the Superbocks I drank there... Aaawh :D !
I will do my best to come back there this summer, and I hope to see you there!

Peace,

Maja

Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Majamil

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Tampere, Finland
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Just came back from Baleal Surf Camp. Really good place in every way! First of all staff is great from reception to surf instructors. Both professional and funny. Guys take care of everyone, doesn´t matter if your a true beginner or already know what to do.

Rental boards and wetsuits top quality. Everything worked out great.

And Baleal is a really nice place for a surf holiday. Beautiful scenery, good waves for anyone. All works well.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Isle Of Wight, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I was travelling by myself and expecting the weather to be bad but it was such a fantastic holiday in the end, didn't want to come back! Learnt a lot thanks to the brilliant level of coaching, weather was good and met some nice people and the accommodation and location plus the service were all perfect. Will probably go again!

Room Tip: I stayed in the hostel which was pretty big, meant for 12 people and because it was February there w...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Felippe and Manel are great. I had been to another surf camp where I thought I had learned how to surf. These guys corrected my mistakes and motivated me to take my surfing to a whole new level. The camp is filled with friendly people from the bar to the front desk to the camera peeps. Our surf group quickly bonded and had a great time together. Top notch all around.

Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank ne b
Asbury Park, New Jersey
Reviewed 13 January 2014

INSTRUCTORS
Felippe, Stephen & Manel look like they have been called in from Hollywood central casting to play perfect, hot, cool & fit surfers, but they are the real deal, passionate not only about surfing but also about teaching surfing. They derive real joy and satisfaction in seeing their students improve, and they provide ample attention and encouragement. Even though none of them are native English speakers, they speak English very competently and can relay tricky instructions about how to position your body, surfboard, etc. clearly. On top of that, they can make jokes in English and have a good time. They are stellar teachers.

ACCOMMODATION
I stayed at Baleal #2. It was very close to the surf camp and the supermarket--in short, very convenient. It's also clean but quite basic.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 22 December 2013

Very professional surf instructors for all levels from begginer to advance.They care about your vacation and fill it with emotions. Surfing lessons + parties + chiling out. Perfect place, awesome people

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank eivanchenkova
Keswick, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I just had the best time ever. can't remember when last I have laughed as much as I did!! the instructors were excellent, professional, fun and determined to get you on top of the board ('the hand of god') I can't fault the holiday at all, the accommodation was good, the people friendly, welcoming and real, the food were great and the wine fantastic :) I would love to go back for all these reasons and mostly to surf again !! thanks to all the guys, you all deserve a medal!!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Baleal
MH Peniche
#3 of 21 in Baleal
Peniche Surf Lodge
Peniche Surf Lodge
#3 of 98 in Peniche

Been to Baleal Surf Camp? Share your experiences!