H2O Surfguide Hostel(Baleal)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 21/07
US$70
Baleal Zensations(Baleal)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$76
Agoda.com
US$134
Baleal Guest House(Baleal)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 21/07
Baleal Inn(Baleal)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewssurf campgreat funthese guysgreat experiencespecial thankshave a good timecomplete beginnerfew minutes walkbig thanksgreat weekgood vibesbar brunolife changinggreen waveslearn howlocated rightmy girlfriend
Reviewed 1 February 2017

Surf school was great and we had a blast. Got loads of great surfing tips that will really help to progress even as an occasional surfer. Instructors were great and put on a great BBQ and surf competition at the end of the week!

The accommodation was great - very clean and a great shower. Get's a bit chilly if you're going in the winter but there are some electric heaters you can plug in that help warm the place up. We were in hostel 2 and there was loads of space to socialise and a BBQ in the garden.

Great week and would definitely recommend!

Room Tip: Hostel 2 can be quiet in the low season
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 January 2017

the room wasn't read at 4pm, the cleaner was still in room , We were told to go get drinks.we were staying in the red rock apartment , when we came back there were no curtains in bedroom and there were metal shutters over the window in bedroom . The worst part was the smell coming from the bathroom, I have no idea what it was but it was terrible... Then popped in to have a shower and there was no hot water, so had to drive over to the front desk and advise of the situation, I was told that curtains cant be helped as cleaner wont be back till tomorrow and the hot water he did come over and fix.. But wasn't very apologetic about it..... It only had one small quilt despite the freezing cold,, the two TINY GAS HEATERS were absolutely useless.... When I asked for more blankets I was told I don't know I will see if we have anything..... After all these issues and staying for ONE night we left... We went down the road.... I was so disappointed with this place.. Considering it is low season there at this time and the place was really desserted... The female that I talked to at check out was apologetic but still making excuses.... it took her 40 minutes to refund the rest of our stay that we cancelled.... and had turned up 15 minutes late to open the office.... I was the only one waiting there so not sure why they have such admin issues.... It was just really annoying having to move accommodation again you know... NOt good enough and no wouldn't recoomend it to anyone... we didn't use surf school that apparently gets good reviews.. Not the service in the apartments though..

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
BBairros, Manager at Baleal Surf Camp, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2017

I can only excuse myself for the bad service, wich was the case on this particular day.
The cleaning lady did a terrible job that day, and the rest of the staff was not diligent enough to solve in a reasonable way the unusual situation and bad service.
We tried to offer an alternative solution, but it was to late, so we refund the rest of the amount due.
As manager of Baleal Surf Camp I can only apolozize and make sure that the standard of quality of our organization, like the great majority of other reviews testify, are kept to it´s highest level every single day of the year.

Reviewed 22 November 2016 via mobile

Absolutely love this place have been back again and again. The instructors are the best I have ever found from years of surfing badly all over the world they will actually help you improve and teach you what you need to move forward and practice without tuition. Great atmosphere around Brunos, and the beach is amazing to learn on. Could not recommend high enough!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 November 2016 via mobile

Stayed here 3 times now. And solo each time. What's not to like.

The staff are awesome, the other travellers are too. And as someone who has surfed (badly) for years.... the tuition is too notch.

I'll be back next summer!!!

Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank ldc76
Reviewed 9 November 2016 via mobile

Such a friendly and welcoming surf camp. I'll be going back again and again. Highly recommend it. The team are so helpful, instructors are all awesome and Bruno makes you feel constantly welcome and at ease.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends