Book now, pay at stay
US$134
H2O Surfguide Hostel(Baleal)(Great Value!)
Balili House(Baleal)
Baleal Inn(Baleal)
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Green House(Baleal)
  • Breakfast included
Agua Doce(Baleal)
TripAdvisor
All reviewssurf campgreat funthese guysgreat experiencespecial thankshave a good timecomplete beginnerfew minutes walkbig thanksgreat weekgood vibesbar brunolife changinggreen waveslearn howlocated rightmy girlfriend
Reviewed 22 March 2017

I won't tell you how much tidy is the accommodation, how close is to the beach, which restaurant you could find nearby, how good are the Bruno's burger. Probably you have already read it somewhere else. Instead I would love talking about the people are running this place and make the magic happen.

Special mention for Felix (THE MAN) who is taking his job extremely seriously. He will do whatever is in his power to make you feel at home and comfortable. He has this natural gift in gathering people, create the good vibes and atmosphere and listen to you if you need a good chat. He will even help you during his days off (sorry man!). And if you are up for a fun night in Danau, just let him know, he is the man! Thanks Felix, you are a good friend!

Regarding the surf side, Pedro and Kaby will make sure you will get your first ride on a surfboard in less than a week! And if your are already an experienced surfer they will give you helpful tips to reach the next level. They are fun, professional, and they know everything about the different spots in the area. So just ask and I am sure they will be happy to help you out!

A last mention to the extremely patient cleaning ladies, that every day will make sure your room and common spaces are clean and shining after you probably walked around with your dirty sandy feet!

These people are the one making the difference between Baleal surf camp being just a good place where to surf and a real and genuine life's experience you will remember for loooooong time!

Obrigado guys,

See you soon!!

Andrea

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Andrea M
Reviewed 6 March 2017

Even after two weeks at Baleal Surf Camp I am wanting to go back for more! Hostel 1 is perfectly located, with the beach, Bruno's bar, the supermarket and restaurants all within a few minutes walk.

A special shout out to Ulisses Felix running the show like a pro and Pedro, the head surf coach, he's a natural teacher from whom I learned so much both in and out the water. The staff all genuinely care about your experience, from initial contact with Marta to lessons with Kaby, burgers at Bruno's, Nazaré trips with Pedro or hospital visits with Felix it's all great fun and unmatched in Peniche!

If you can't decide between surf camps near Peniche then let me say, this one has it all, a fantastic location, great amenities and awesome people.

At risk of sounding like a shill, one negative is the 1st floor shower door in BH1, which way does it open!? Use the shower at the rear to avoid such problems...

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank hennerz
Reviewed 18 February 2017 via mobile

Just had an amazing week surfing with these guys and gals. Excellent communication during the booking process and leading up to arrival. Although it is very much off-season in February we were exceptionally well looked after. Any problems were taken care of immediately and the attitude of everyone working was first class. The accommodation was exactly as described, nothing fancy but clean, comfortable and with everything you need to successfully self-cater as we did. Good hot showers and when the temperature was a little cold on the first few nights we were supplied with extra heaters and blankets.
The surf school is exceptionally well run and I cannot rate the quality of the instructors highly enough. I arrived as a complete beginner and my thirteen year old daughter as a surfer of four years experience. I have come away with an excellent grounding in the basic skills needed and even caught a few nice waves solo, which is way above what I hoped to achieve in just five days. My daughter has departed a much improved surfer due to the attention, kindness and fun that was brought to her lessons by the instructors. There was lots of laughter! And lots of attention to safety alongside technique. Pedro and Kaby...thank you again. You both made the surf experience unforgettable for us.
Ulisses and Marta thank you for all the assistance with booking, arrival and day to to day enquiries.
Bruno the owner has a great team at the camp and the bar. He too personally made us very welcome.
We cannot wait to return!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank TheSticksman
Reviewed 1 February 2017

Surf school was great and we had a blast. Got loads of great surfing tips that will really help to progress even as an occasional surfer. Instructors were great and put on a great BBQ and surf competition at the end of the week!

The accommodation was great - very clean and a great shower. Get's a bit chilly if you're going in the winter but there are some electric heaters you can plug in that help warm the place up. We were in hostel 2 and there was loads of space to socialise and a BBQ in the garden.

Great week and would definitely recommend!

Room Tip: Hostel 2 can be quiet in the low season
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 January 2017

the room wasn't read at 4pm, the cleaner was still in room , We were told to go get drinks.we were staying in the red rock apartment , when we came back there were no curtains in bedroom and there were metal shutters over the window in bedroom . The worst part was the smell coming from the bathroom, I have no idea what it was but it was terrible... Then popped in to have a shower and there was no hot water, so had to drive over to the front desk and advise of the situation, I was told that curtains cant be helped as cleaner wont be back till tomorrow and the hot water he did come over and fix.. But wasn't very apologetic about it..... It only had one small quilt despite the freezing cold,, the two TINY GAS HEATERS were absolutely useless.... When I asked for more blankets I was told I don't know I will see if we have anything..... After all these issues and staying for ONE night we left... We went down the road.... I was so disappointed with this place.. Considering it is low season there at this time and the place was really desserted... The female that I talked to at check out was apologetic but still making excuses.... it took her 40 minutes to refund the rest of our stay that we cancelled.... and had turned up 15 minutes late to open the office.... I was the only one waiting there so not sure why they have such admin issues.... It was just really annoying having to move accommodation again you know... NOt good enough and no wouldn't recoomend it to anyone... we didn't use surf school that apparently gets good reviews.. Not the service in the apartments though..

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
BBairros, Manager at Baleal Surf Camp, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2017

I can only excuse myself for the bad service, wich was the case on this particular day.
The cleaning lady did a terrible job that day, and the rest of the staff was not diligent enough to solve in a reasonable way the unusual situation and bad service.
We tried to offer an alternative solution, but it was to late, so we refund the rest of the amount due.
As manager of Baleal Surf Camp I can only apolozize and make sure that the standard of quality of our organization, like the great majority of other reviews testify, are kept to it´s highest level every single day of the year.