All reviews surf camp special thanks complete beginner great experience green waves learn how big thanks private apartment whole experience have a good time bar bruno life changing good vibes no doubt beach house located right learning how
Reviewed 27 October 2018

My 5 year-old and I spent a week in Baleal surf camp over the summer. Every aspect was top-notch. Most of all the gorgeous setting and the quality of the staff. A nicer bunch of people is hard to come by! They work HARD but manage to keep a very cheerful disposition with everyone.
We chose the camp deal, which came with perks. Not least of which was access to a fantastic (intelligent, kind, patient, attentive, etc.) Italian physiotherapist who did wonders for me. (At my advanced age, not everything is as flexible as it used to be...).
The surf teaching was careful, safety-based, varied, and overall very tailored to our needs. My boy learned a lot in a very short time. Most importantly, he had FUN!
Although it is windy and you´re rarely hot, the weather, water, and wave conditions were very good.
In terms of lodging, we chose an apartment, which was very close by (walking distance) and very comfortable and quiet, with a fully-equipped kitchen and lots of parking.
In the fall, I attended another surf camp in Cantabria, Spain. It was cheaper, no doubt, but it wasn´t half as nice. I left with one day to spare. Maybe I was spoiled by Baleal, which was a luxury in comparison.
And perhaps most important of all, they seem to make everyone, from kids to older adults, feel comfortable.
The only recommendation I make would be to have more generous portions for the final "goodbye dinner" at the end of the week, which was costly in my opinion, especially the drinks. But you can choose to attend or not.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 16 October 2018

Me and couple of my friends decided to take surf lessons for a week or so in Peniche area. We found on the web recommendations for Baleal Surf Camp. And I have to say that we are highly satisfied with quality of the services; both surfing lessons and accommodation. We chose the package of Private Apartment accommodation + surf classes + surf equipment. The stuff is very nice, surfing instructors are true professionals. We have not participated on the Friday dinner, but next time we will not miss it!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

Drop by and just let Kaby and Miguel teach you the basics, you'll regret trying to do it on your own. October is a great time to visit!

You're super close to the beach, will have plenty to do and plenty of great people to meet!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

Came for the third time to spend a week at the Baleal Surfcamp - and again weren't disappointed:

-really well organised surfcamp with great trips to special locations in the region
-great staff and instructors (special thanks to André and Ruben who really made us feel at home here in Baleal and although we chose group lessons it felt as if they thaught us individually how to become a better Surfer - such a great effort which made the whole experience so unique!)
-really clean and modern hostel
-the beach and bay of Baleal is absolutely on point regarding the needs for surfers - enough space for everybody and waves for every level of surf-experience
-wicked group dynamic for surfcamp participants (made some friends for life here)

See you next year guys, we can't wait to howl at the perfect waves with you guys again!!!

Big hug,
Oli & Caro

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 27 September 2018

If you want to learn how to surf and get to know people from all over the world, this is were you need to go! the vibe amongst the people is amazing. The quality of surf lessons and the instructors is very good

Date of stay: September 2018