Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews surf camp new friends green waves a great week great experience private apartment learned how different countries good vibes an excellent teacher photos and videos friday dinner peniche area clean accommodation whole team having fun thank you so much
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 October 2019

I had the most wonderful time at Baleal Surf Camp. I signed up for the trip randomly and had essentially no expectations besides being excited to try out surfing. The surf lessons were well organized, but chilled out at the same time. All the surf instructors that I met at the surf camp seem to be truly passionate about the sport and the overall surfer lifestyle. It shows in their good sense of humor, enthusiasm and big surfer hearts. I had a really good time with my two surf instructors - Vando and Moreno. The surf instructors were very attentive and patient watching and helping everyone in the water even with longer lessons since they genuinely enjoy what they do. Additionally, I liked the emphasis on proper technique and the yoga-inspired warm up. I also appreciated the friendliness of the other people and visitors in the camp since the surf camp and the Peniche area in general does attract people with similar easygoing attitudes.

Besides being a great choice for learning surfing, it would also be a good choice if you are just feeling spontaneous and want to go on an active vacation. It would be recommended to come rested and do some yoga, swimming and push-ups for a month or two in advance if possible to make the most of the entire duration of the surf lessons as well as the other activities if you don't usually do so.

I also liked the really short walking distances to all the locations in the surf camp including the hostel/apartments, the Bar do Bruno, the beach bars, etc. The Bar do Bruno is a really nice place to chill.

Overall I had the most fun time.

Date of stay: September 2019
Reviewed 8 September 2019

Highly recommend baleal surf camp. The student teacher ratio is great.

Had the pleasure of having two fantastic instructors, Diogo Costa & Riccardo. They gIve great advice and help you to perfect your technique. After the first couple of surfing lessons the two instructors also give in depth analysis of your video footage which is useful. Diogo was so kind to send it to us after the surf camp as well. Lucky to have two such enthusiastic instructors!

You’ll meet lovely people in the hostel as well!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 September 2019

A fantastic week with surf classes.
DIOGO COSTA+ RICARDO are a amazing and fantastic surf monitors + Peniche guides.
I learned a lot with them and their classes were very funny.

An BRUNO is a fantastic person. I met a lot of people in your SurfCamp and Bar.

Reviewed 24 August 2019 via mobile

Spent 2 weeks here with my wife. Total 20 lessons.

Never surfed before. Finally was able to catch green waves by myself. Thanks to my instructors Diogo, Tiago, Nunu and Dushan!
Really liked how Diogo clearly explains what to do, plan for the lesson, how to behave safely in the water. Video correction by Diogo was very helpful, we were able to see and analyze our mistakes.

Camp staff is very friendly and ready to help. We didn't like appartments that we booked initially, so we managed to change them to better ones. Also they take you from/to Peniche bus station when you arrive/checkout.

During the week except surfing lessons there were 3 extra nice activities by the camp:
1) Trip to somewhere, so we were in Budha park one week and Obidos another week
2) Trip to Peniche and Surf Factory
3) Friday dinner (costs 18eur, alkogol beer/sangria unlimited :) included).

I am very happy that I started my surfing experience with such cool school!

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ivan H
Reviewed 21 August 2019

I had an amazing time at Baleal surf camp!
The staff is really nice and go out of their way to help you. The accommodation is good, everything you need is there. Fridges with your own self, in the kitchen is everything you need to prepare your meal, even two dishwashers. They have a nice outside area with a barbeque. Showers are nice and warm and the beds sleep very good.
Also the surf lessons and the materials are excellentie. You get a wetsuit and a surfplank that you only use for the week. On the board inside the instructor will put the next surf lesson on so you will always know when the next surf lesson is.
Diogo was my surf instructor and a very good one! He will explain to you what we are going to do today and why, he looks for the best waves for you to catch. If you have problems he will give you extra info so you can go on with your surf practise. He is an absolute sweetheart!