“a ribeye steak to remember”

The Fox & Goose Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Wigley
Price range: US$13 - US$39
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: With an intriguing history, amazing panoramic views and romantic setting. The Fox and Goose provides a wedding venue, fine dining restaurant and pub in the heart of the peak district.
homer61ad
“a ribeye steak to remember”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

my wife decided to treat me for a meal and I chose the fox and goose as I had always wanted to eat there. when we arrived we found the staff very polite and dressed very smartly. I had the 10oz rib eye which comes with mushroom, tomato, onion rings and chips. I also had a stilton sauce and my wife had the Dianne. when the food arrived after a few mouthfuls of food we were both making cooing noises everything was just right and one of the tenderest steaks we have had for a long time. in addition I had a large Shiraz and my wife a Chardonnay, both were excellent wines very drinkable. All in all we both thoroughly enjoyed it, if only more pubs gave this kind of service and quality of meal. We can't wait to go back, my wife keeps getting cravings for the steak......hope she's not pregnant.

Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“My Favourite Destination Pub !!!”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I love The Fox and Goose. The staff are always so friendly. Obviously I visit too often as they know the name of my baby daughter !!!

Usually have the 2 for £10 lunch deal which in my opinion is great value.

My recommendation is The Fox and Goose Platter.

Beautiful location and lovely fresh food served.

Great evenings had in the summer with the family. The girls love the play area and the horses in the adjoining field.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Great place for a celebration!”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

This is my third visit to the 'Fox and Goose' and again, it was perfect! The first visit was to arrange a 50th birthday party for a friend and the staff were extremely helpful, reserving the dining area in the Orangery for the event and accomodating a live jazz band that I had booked for the occasion. The second visit was for my son's 21st birthday, again reserving tables in the orangery for our celebration. My third visit, again for my son's birthday, was just as enjoyable. As I made the booking, the staff suggested that I reserve the private dining area for our meal, to which I agreed. The private dining area is a small room, annexed from the Orangery, seating 12 guests comfortably around a round table. For all visits the staff have been helpful, polite, friendly, accomodating and attentive. The menu offers a wide variety of food choices at reasonable prices, the food is delicious, well presented and portions are good. There is a children's play area and outdoor seating area just outside the restaurant, ample parking and a very scenic view from the Orangery. I would recommend this venue for any occasion without reservation and I will certainly be revisiting :-)

Derbyshire
“Good food and service”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Just had a meal at the Fox and Goose and I have to say it was excellent. i had a trio of smoked fish and pork medallions both were very tasty and just enough in quantity.
Service was very good and the Thornbridge ale a bonus.
Highly recommended.

sheffield
“Very Enjoyable”
Reviewed 27 March 2014

We've eaten here on several occasions, have always enjoyed the food and today was no exception. The restaurant is in a lovely location with fantastic views and outside seating which is a delight on a lovely summer's day. It has an excellent children's' play area - good thinking Fox and Goose! The food is always good and beautifully presented with service which is second to none. Today we had two Tuesday-Friday lunch time specials at two for £10 which is incredible value. We had the small portion (but not small) burger and fish and chips (delicious), small glass of wine and 1 pint of beer, shared dessert and coffee for £26.45. Can you go wrong? Only one little niggle today, the restaurant felt cold, probably due to the recent sudden plummet in temperatures, but apart from that, no complaints whatsoever.

• Visited March 2014