“Wine tasting night”

The Fox & Goose Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Wigley
Price range: US$14 - US$42
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: With an intriguing history, amazing panoramic views and romantic setting. The Fox and Goose provides a wedding venue, fine dining restaurant and pub in the heart of the peak district.
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

We are regulars at the wine tasting nights and 22 May's Iberian one was excellent as always. Great food, great wine & great service. Can't wait for the next one!

Reviewed 16 May 2014

We booked this pub for our 10yr wedding anniversary meal. Just the 2 of us to mark the day. I had read reviews and I wasn't disappointed.
We ordered breads & oil etc for 'nibbles' and shared a fish platter to start. These alone would be enough to fill us on a normal evening, not only was it all beautiful but plentiful too. As it was an occasion we went on to have mains and even proceeded to puddings, which were equally as nice. Perfectly crispy skin on my sea bass & 3ways tomatoes to die for. Their pudding pie for afters was the perfect end to a perfect meal, sweet & light. I just can't fault it.
The girl serving us was pleasant and attentive and the views are pretty good too. I would like to bring the kids as they have a garden with a play area.
I think we might be trying to book on one of there wine tasting evenings too!
We paid £90 for our 4 courses, bottle of wine plus couple of other drinks- well worth every penny.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Although not altogether true BUT after driving past the pub for years i researched it online.
Booked a table last minute and off we went. The Orangery was full,there was also a lovely looking wedding going on outside.
However we were advised that the menu advertised online wasn't available and tbh there wasn't anything we would have liked. After a little chat with the chef we were granted our request which was very nice.
But that did set the tone for the evening tbh.
The food was superb and for a carnivore even the veggies were flavoursome.The desserts were exquisite.
Unfortunately the service continued to be a little slow and we left without having coffees.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

my wife decided to treat me for a meal and I chose the fox and goose as I had always wanted to eat there. when we arrived we found the staff very polite and dressed very smartly. I had the 10oz rib eye which comes with mushroom, tomato, onion rings and chips. I also had a stilton sauce and my wife had the Dianne. when the food arrived after a few mouthfuls of food we were both making cooing noises everything was just right and one of the tenderest steaks we have had for a long time. in addition I had a large Shiraz and my wife a Chardonnay, both were excellent wines very drinkable. All in all we both thoroughly enjoyed it, if only more pubs gave this kind of service and quality of meal. We can't wait to go back, my wife keeps getting cravings for the steak......hope she's not pregnant.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

I love The Fox and Goose. The staff are always so friendly. Obviously I visit too often as they know the name of my baby daughter !!!

Usually have the 2 for £10 lunch deal which in my opinion is great value.

My recommendation is The Fox and Goose Platter.

Beautiful location and lovely fresh food served.

Great evenings had in the summer with the family. The girls love the play area and the horses in the adjoining field.