“Nice place but poor service”

The Fox & Goose Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Wigley
Price range: US$13 - US$39
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: With an intriguing history, amazing panoramic views and romantic setting. The Fox and Goose provides a wedding venue, fine dining restaurant and pub in the heart of the peak district.
“Nice place but poor service”
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

We went as we were interested in having our wedding here, as the location is perfect and is such a nice restaurant. However, whilst waiting for a drink i was stood at the bar and the blonde lady behind completely ignored me, and even served some people who just walked in behind me as if i was invisible. Also, they couldnt find our table with the food and was wondering around outside. If the service is this poor when it is a quiet saturday afternoon what would it be like at a wedding? I would look at other venues if you are interested in a wedding such as Van Dykes.

1 Thank alexgw91
CraigLChestefield, Owner at The Fox & Goose Inn, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Hi Alex
Thank you for taking the time to visit us and considering us for your Wedding. My General Manager Lynne and I normally like to make appointments personally for Wedding viewings as it is such a special day, so I apologise if you arrived 'on spec' and we appeared to not be on the ball. It certainly isn't our usual form as you see from previous reviews. We are well known for the personal attention we give to our Wedding clients with our 'build your own package' philosophy and the service the dedicated Wedding and Function team provide week in, week out. We actually have a large private suite upstairs dedicated Weddings and Celebrations but unless you are shown around properly it is hard to tell as we are built on the side of Pudding Pie Hill!
If you would like to take a second look and discuss Wedding options with me directly please contact me on 01246 566335 and I can assure you the best of attention at all times.
Warm regards, Craig Lynch, Managing Director.

Chesterfield
“Could be better.”
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

My wife and I have just been for lunch, the place was very clean and the staff quite friendly and not in your face.we ate in the orangery with nice views over the countryside. The food isn't instantly brought to the table after ordering which is good as it isn't microwaved but cooked fresh. I had the Bakewell haddock and chips,(I didn't think haddock swam up the river wye) anyway it was quite tasty and filling.my wife had the home made burger with chips and salad she enjoyed very much. The downside is the cheap cutlery and the roof tile my food was served on, likewise my wife's burger came on a square of wood.we will definitely return but will ask for proper plates!.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Michael W
Dronfield, United Kingdom
“Superior quality food”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Our foodie son came to visit from London and researched a few suggested restaurants before deciding on The Fox and Goose. We had been previously one summer evening and eaten on the decked area outside however we were in for a fab surprise when we ate this time inside . We decided on the offer of two haddock,chips and peas complimented with a bottle of wine from the superior list all inclusive at £25.as the wine was usually £16.95 and the fish was the best ever it can only be described as fantastic. We plan to return this fri for the other offer of two steaks and wine at£29.99and will be taking friends the week after.

• Visited May 2014
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Good Food with a view”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Historic Country Inn 500yr Old Coach House, in the peak park with lovely views of Derbyshire, complete with orangery,excellent gastropub fare..
Good food and pleasant surroundings.

• Visited May 2014
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“Wine tasting night”
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

We are regulars at the wine tasting nights and 22 May's Iberian one was excellent as always. Great food, great wine & great service. Can't wait for the next one!