“Great time at Skittles!”
Review of Country Skittles

Country Skittles
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Townshend
More attraction details
Owner description: Country Skittles is a fun place to go whether a family group, an office outing or just the two of you! It has 4 traditional skittle alleys, a great restaurant, well-stocked bar, shooting gallery, mini crazy golf and lots of games including air hockey, pool, 2 player Guitar Hero, traditional board games, etc. Perfect for all ages! Please check our web site for details of menus and opening hours!
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Went to Country Skittles as a family recently when on holiday in Cornwall. What a great place. We had been there a few years ago, and loved it then so we wanted to see if it was still as good. We weren't disappointed.
Bowling, and games were good fun, and the staff were as helpful and friendly as we remembered.
The food was great, especially the 16oz burger I tried from their American menu.
There were pieces missing from some games, and the shooting gallery wasn't open on our visit, but still, I can't recommend this place enough for families.
We'll be back the next time we're in Cornwall.

2  Thank Paul K
Iain M, Owner at Country Skittles, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Thanks Paul K, it's a long way to come from Glasgow - one of my favourite cities - but I'm glad it was worth the trip!

All reviews
"arcade type"
"licensed bar"
"large portions"

Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Went here to celebrate eldest daughter turning 20, family of 5 including children aged 15 and 3. Firstly surprised on having to pay admission fee for 4 even when paying for playing skittles and having a meal. Actual place could do with a bit of updating as building and facilities haven't really changed in 10+ years. Beer wasn't good and first couple of pints tasted of cleaner. Food was ok but after reminding staff of missing chips twice they turned up when the rest of the meal was pretty much eaten. In fairness we were refunded price of chips. Also £5 for nachos seemed excessive when all they were was doritos covered in cheese no salsa, jalapenos or sour cream and guacamole as stated on menu.

1  Thank Sarah W

Sorry you were disappointed about paying the entrance fee. That fee has been there since the late 80s when Country Skittles first opened, and has remained at the same 75p level for many years.. It was a condition of the licence as Cornwall Council designated us a club. When you pay the entrance fee once, you are entitled to a FREE Lifetime Membership card, so you never have to pay again. I hope you picked one up on your visit.
We do, however, recognise that the entrance fee is unpopular with some customers, and we keep our bowling prices down to reflect this. They have remained unchanged for a number of years now, and with prices from £1.60 per person, I believe that represents good value for money.
With regard to being the same for 10+ years, we spent almost £200k doing a complete renovation of Skittles around 7-8 years ago!

Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Myself and friends have been here recently and had such a great time we decided to come back.

Great choice yet again. We tried the skittles again which was amazing. The arcade machines are wonderful but addictive (I don't like to lose).

Food again was fantastic. I stick by what I've said before, the burgers are the best I've had in the county. I've heard talk of a new menu which I will be here trying when it happens.

The staff are always friendly and seem to make a good team which makes the experience more pleasurable.

Thank you all at Country Skittles for another great evening.

2  Thank DoDally01
Iain M, Owner at Country Skittles, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Thanks a lot. It's good to know that our efforts are appreciated by regular customers like yourself.
The new menu should be available before the summer. Check out our website for info.
See you again soon, we hope!

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

What can I say.....the meal we had was awful. We had been in the car since early so was looking for a place for my son to run around stretch his legs and get something quick and simple. I found this place on the trip advisor app, I read the reviews it seemed to have a good rep so I took him. I had the burger which was inedible. I didn't eat the bacon which was more fat than bacon, I only ate one of the so called burgers which were so burnt to a crisp. I also had to wrap the other meat (I think it was pulled pork of some sort) in a tissue so as I didn't have to look at it because it was making me feel sick. I ate the bottom half of the so called homemade soda bun (ok?!?) which was just a white bun bought from a supplier. My son ate two of his nuggets and (aged 2) said he didn't like it and couldn't wait to leave. When I ordered my food (at reception ... (Which baffled me as there was a bar). The girl took my drink order which I didn't receive until I went to the bar and asked for it AFTER my meal had arrived.
On leaving I had to use the facilities which stank of urine, had no toilet roll and was soaked in goodness knows what all over the floor with wet tissue everywhere.
I thought about complaining about spending nearly £20 on an inedible meal for me and a toddler but there didn't seem to be any manager presence as there where two young girls (staff) slouched over reception flirting with another guy who walked out the back shouting obscenities that my two year old heard and chose to repeat the whole way home. So thank him for that one.
Oh and as for the fun games...there was an old chicken nugget sitting in the coin slot of one of the games I walked past and the pool room was filthy that was all I saw. As I say my son was desperate to leave as a toddler even he could see the place was a cesspit and as I sit here writing this I'm becoming more and more certain that the burger will make me very ill tonight. DO NOT EAT there unless you have a liking of crap school dinners or canteen slop

3  Thank Nicole R
Iain M, Owner at Country Skittles, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

How ironic, that on the day we get our Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence 2014, a review like this is posted.
Clearly, this customer is rather upset, and I am sorry that they had a bad experience. My manager and I are investigating the claim about a member of staff and obscenities within earshot of customers.
However, I must take issue with some of what has been said, as the description bears no resemblance to the business I own.
We don't sell or advertise any kind of 'homemade soda bun', so that's a mystery.
We have sold tens of thousands of portions of kids chicken nuggets over the years, and have never had any complaint before.
The toilets on the day in question had been thoroughly cleaned in the morning and are regularly inspected throughout the day. There was no smell of urine obvious to anyone else.
Our front of house manager was present all day, and checked on the party in question, and like the other 100 people who were in that day, seemed perfectly happy at the time.
If we do something wrong, we are the first to put our hands up and apologise. We don't get it right 100% of the time like everyone else. However, and I have said it previously, I am suspicious of these occasional damning reviews that always seem to come from people who are doing their first review.
Still, I am sorry that this customer was upset, and I hope they will come back and give us a chance to make up for their bad experience.