“Great Place and Great Staff!!”
Review of Robinhood Resort

Robinhood Resort
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Big Bear Lake
Reviewed 10 January 2014

We booked for two days to bring in the new year. When I first called they had only the small rooms. So I called two days before check-in and someone cancelled so I was able to upgrade to a bigger room. Glad I did the room was great. We had a king size bed, twin size bed, and a sofa bed with a fireplace in the Sherwood building. It was more than enough room for my husband and I and our two toddlers. The staff was great once they found out I was military they gave us a 10% discount on our rooms. It was close to the village and he was helpful on where we could find snow and didn't have to pay for lift tickets. We will stay here again can't wait to go back when there is more snow.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

Thank you Ken for a quick check-in on the last (busiest?) weekend of the year. Called beforehand to ask for a dog-friendly room but was told that they only have 3 dog-friendly rooms And they're all reserved. Bummer.

We were in room 22 ($325 a night) with 2 king beds, kitchen with fridge and microwave and a hot tub + fireplace. We were pleasantly surprised that there was a Christmas tree inside the room. Bathroom was a little small (definitely not ADA-friendly though). The room is upstairs and is not handicap-friendly at all.

Location is its best feature: walking distance to the shops, restaurants and theaters in the Village.

Wifi is very SLOW. We will return only if we can get a dog-friendly room.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 December 2013

We stayed here on a recent Saturday night, between two days of skiing. The best part of the room we got was the spa tub in the main room (next to the bed). Great way to relax sore legs after skiing. The location is also hard to beat, being right in the middle of the tiny "village" area of Big Bear. We were steps from dinner and shops.

The rooms are definitely dated, but at least the bed was comfortable.

For comparison, I've stayed at Marina Resort. The room at Marina was much nicer, and there was a view of the lake, but the jump in cost is hardly worth it, especially if you're going for skiing.

Room Tip: get a room with a hot tub!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 December 2013

Absolutely a great experience! My Wife and I had travelled to Big Bear plenty the last couple of years, however never really paid attention to the Robinhood Resort. I had the opportunity to attend the Marine Corps League 238th Birthday Ball in Big Bear and we stayed at Robinhood. I was immediately taken aback by the friendly gentlemen at the front desk and the warm, cozy feeling of the lobby. We went to our room which was a newly remodeled fireplace suite-WOW! The coziness of the lobby extended to the room which was located in a building across the street (still in the village). The bed was comfortable, the coffee and mini kitchen exactly what the doctor ordered and the price was stunning compared to other hotels in the area. Part of the charm of Big Bear is the rustic feel-Robinhood provided that along with the modern day amenities of big city hotels!

On a side note-I just reserved room for the day after Christmas for my Wife and I to do some snowboarding and guess what? The Gentlemen at the desk thanked me for coming back, offered a return discount and upgraded room! :) Customer service like this are from a bygone era-I LOVE THIS HOTEL!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank 1973HappyTraveler
Reviewed 16 December 2013

We stayed mid week in September so Big Bear was dead. Had no problem checking into Robinhood Resort - price was $65 for 2 people - stayed in the bldg. behind the main bldg. - not sure why they didn`t put us in the main bldg. as no one was there, front desk clerk was very friendly. We were located on the second floor - room was small but clean - basic with a small bar fridge and average size bathroom. There is no counter space in the bathroom to put your lotions on - had to try and get them to stay on the back of the toilet tank lid. We didn`t eat at the restaurant but had a few drinks at the second floor bar - you can sit by the window and overlook the main street and see the water. This is by no means a Resort - like previous reviews - this is a basic Motel. For the price it was good value for one night but I wouldn`t want to stay longer.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lichty
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Staff was extremely friendly and helpful, room was spacious and well equipped. The dinner at Nottingham's was delicious (try the Lobster Gratinee). I was very pleased with the room and highly recommend them. Directly adjacent to the Village and the Lake. The location couldn't have been more perfect.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank frzbaby2001
Reviewed 27 October 2013

After passing this place for years and never really paying attention, I was forced to take a look when the hotel I was booked at for the weekend had no hot water and I had my puppy with me. Checked out RobinHood Resort and the check in clerk at the front desk could not have been any more accommodating. I got a very reasonably priced room with hot water and they loved my dog!
The best part about this place is the location which is now directly across the street from Chad's (new location) and its at the entrance to The Village. Walk to everything, park the cat and leave it! I was also very pleasantly surprised to note the Nottinghams Tavern is located in the same building. The food is EXCELLENT, but that's in another review.
Convenience is an understatement to describe Robinhood Resort and it is followed by friendly and accomdating. They had fresh coffee and muffins available all day in the lobby.
I would definitely stay again. The owner owns 7 places, several in the same area. Rooms and rates vary by which property you stay at.
They let me book Saturday only on the last weekend of Octoberfest. Great employees!

Room Tip: Owner has 7 properties so explain what you are looking for to be reserved in proper resort.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
The Lodge at Big Bear Lake, a Holiday Inn Resort
Travelodge Big Bear Lake CA
Travelodge Big Bear Lake CA
#7 of 7 in Big Bear Lake

Been to Robinhood Resort? Share your experiences!