“Excellent location, very quiet for in village location”
Review of Robinhood Resort

Robinhood Resort
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Big Bear Lake
Pleasant Plains, Illinois
“Excellent location, very quiet for in village location”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I stayed in the Wishing Well section and I thought it was perfectly fine. Very clean, quiet with a fridge and coffee maker. It is a bit outdated, but the rate for the location is very reasonable. The front desk person, John was very friendly and let us pick from several rooms. Would stay there again for sure.

Room Tip: We were on an end room.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 199christinai

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Reviewed 2 July 2014

PROS: Location is great (just near the dock and walkable to most attractions near the lake)
CONS: Booked a room at Robinhood Resort and instead got a room in the Wishing Well resort (I think it's an old resort Robinhood Resort owns now, but rooms there are tiny and dirty); rooms are way overpriced for an old motel type room and parking is a pain.

I booked at Robinhood Resort and instead they give you a room at the rundown Wishing Well; next time I'll go somewhere else to stay and won't recommend them to anyone. Although the location is great, the rooms are trashy.

Room Tip: If you get a room in the Robinhood Resort, that's good, but avoid Wishing Well at all costs (cal...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Vinay Y
Lancaster, California, United States
Reviewed 26 June 2014

You book thinking your getting a room in the robinhood inn but no they put you in the not nice wishing well. It's super run down. The comforters are from the 80's with blue and pink. The curtains were even pink like my girl had I. Her baby room 25 years ago. They are so faded and dirty. I felt like I was staying at a cheap motel in a grandmas house. The toilet was sea foam great and there was no tub. I thought I was getting a frig and microwave but no frig. The carpet left my socks black. The light didn't work and there was no air cond. and it was 90 outside. The man was super nice at the desk but for 65 I thought it should have been nicer. For gosh sakes go but new comforters at Walmart for 50 bucks and redo the bathrooms. I bet the tile was from the 60's.

Room Tip: Go to another place
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Julie H
Fort Irwin, California
Reviewed 11 June 2014

My family and I stayed at Robinhood Resort for our marriage retreat and I am thoroughly impressed. We called and spoke with the front office in the early morning hours to request for a room change. Though they were unable to accommodate us at such an early hour, I was completely surprised that first thing that morning, Mr. Peter from front office (not the person we previously spoke with), approached my husband and I and offered a room change that fit exactly what we requested. The resort has a rustic appeal featuring all the modern amenities you would expect. The location is superb, right at the entrance of "The Village" and directly across one of the main entrances to the lake. I have no doubt every time we return, we WILL stay at the Robinhood resort.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Zach G
Escondido, California
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Very nice staff. This is the best deal for a simple hotel in Big Bear that we've found. Great location right in downtown. You can walk to shops and restaurants. Nothing fancy, but always clean and friendly.

Room Tip: We've stayed in the Wishing Well which is the cheapest and most basic, but still very nice. Als...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

For $59 in the off season on memorial day weekend you can't beat this place.
Walking distance to the village and lake.
Not crowded at all and very quiet.
Stuff was good and nice views right from your room.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

Walking distance to all restaurants. Myself and two sons. Great because they each had their own bed. Always hard to find hotels with 3 beds so this was perfect and under 100 dollars
Writing this now so I can get up to two hundred characters or you won't accept my review

• Stayed March 2014
Vintage Lakeside Inn
Vintage Lakeside Inn
#12 of 19 in Big Bear Region
The Lodge at Big Bear Lake, a Holiday Inn Resort

Been to Robinhood Resort? Share your experiences!