“Love it!”

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Big Bear Lake
California
“Love it!”
Reviewed 26 January 2007

It is a VERY small and simple motel (know this before going) but it is in a great location and is perfect for what it is. It is right down the street from a great pub, restaurants, movie theater(s), and quaint shops. My husband and I live on the coast about 2.5 hours away and often visit this motel just to get away.

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — it was small and not as nice as many hotels, but aren't all motels...
  • Stayed January 2007, travelled as a couple
7 Thank oojuliefoo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Peterborough
Reviewed 2 December 2006

stayed for two nights in feb this year on atrip fron LA. Had a fab room away from the main hotel, Huge room with lovely fire place. The whole town was so so quiet, we felt like the only guests! The outdoor hot tub was out of action, but did not bother us. Its in a fab locaction and we would stay again. A word of warning some of the hotels or condo are a long long way from town, so check your location!

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — no hot tub
  • Tips/Secrets — Try the local cinema for a night out. The mexican around the corner is an excellent place for food and cocktails
  • Stayed November 2006, travelled as a couple
4 Thank JamesBond0007
travel
Reviewed 21 August 2006

For the perfect weekend (or longer) getaway I would highly recommend the Robinhood Resort. The staff are people oriented & go out of their way to accommodate young & not so young. Recent DVD's are available to watch in your room; coffee & pastries are provided in the lobby for an early morn "snack" & the rooms are clean & the beds are comfy!
The on site restaurant offers wonderful meals (try the seafod linguini) ...I thought I had died & gone to heaven!
The location of the Robinhood is perfect! You can walk across the street to the lake or to the villiage, which is just a few steps away.
Our room had a fireplace, which we've used before when the weather warranted. I've stayed there before and will stay there again!

• Liked — locations
  • Disliked — no comment
  • Tips/Secrets — enjoy
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank travellove2
Lake Elsinore, Ca,
Reviewed 21 August 2006

The Robinhood Resort in Big Bear Lake is the perfect place to stay!!
Everything was so perfect, I don't even know where to begin. My husband , myself, and our son stayed in The Sherwood Forest part of the hotel. A beautiful room with a king bed, fireplace, spa tub, and a beautiful view of the lake from the balcony. The room was so beautifully decorated and so Clean!!! That's really important to me, cleanliness, our room was spotless! Comfort is another important thing. The bed was big and comfy, the linens were so soft and pretty. They also offer room service, but we chose to walk across the parking lot to the restaurant, Nottinghams. The food was unbelievable!! The restaurant was also so nicely decorated, the staff was so friendly and the service was excellent! We had a late lunch/early dinner upon our arrival. We went about our day, and decided to go to Little Johns Tavern in the evening for some late night snacks and drinks. There was a good band playing, and once again, the food and service was spectacular!! Try the carmelized brie with bread and apples! After a soak in the spa tub, we were so relaxed, I had the best sleep ever. We woke up to watch the sunrise over the lake, and there was fresh coffee and danish in the lobby. After that we decided to dine once more at Nottinghams for breakfast, I didn't think I could be so impressed by one restaurant, but everything had been so perfect , why go anywhere else? That's what was nice too, everything you need is right there. My only regret is I wish we could have stayed longer. Next time we will. I could go on and on about how wonderful it was. It was a perfect family get away, also the perfect place for a romantic get away. I highly reccomend this hotel to anyone who plans to stay in Big Bear. Laura Johnsen

9 Thank boblaj
Calimesa,Ca
Reviewed 7 August 2006

My whole family enjoyed our stay. I would like to go again. I thank the the hotel Employees for taking care of us and our needs. I haven't had good customer service in such a long time. And we received it there.

2 Thank pereasgirl92
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 April 2006

I have been coming to Big Bear two times a year for the past 4 years. I have stayed at the Robinhood Resort (new building) room #35 everytime. What a great place to stay. The staff is always helpful, especially Peter. I would return to this hotel in the future. The location is great! Service wonderful! and Peter, the manager the Best!

Stayed April 2006
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 13 February 2006

Looking forward to a romantic evening, I booked room 26 for the weekend before Valentine's Day. I was happy to find that's not in the "old building" so the room itself was nice enough, although it seemed a bit unfinished in places. Some of the molding was missing or unpainted...that sort of thing. The bed was comfy and the little gas fireplace was kind of nice (although it worked on a timer and didn't have varying degrees of heat). They provided a coffee maker, microwave, and mini fridge, even some bowls, silverware, and glasses, but no mugs or even paper cups! What the heck are you supposed to drink coffee from in the morning, those thin plastic water cups? The in-room spa was the biggest disapointment. I confirmed with management that each room has it's own water heater. Supposedly this is enough to fill the tub. I think not! We made do with a shallow hot tub that didn't even cover the jets until we got in and displacement took effect. And that little hot water got cold fast and there wasn't anything to replace it with. Oh, and the food at the resort's restaurant was disapointing to say the least. Thankfully the "International" restaurant next door was simply incredible!

• Stayed February 2006
Vintage Lakeside Inn
Vintage Lakeside Inn
#12 of 19 in Big Bear Region
The Lodge at Big Bear Lake, a Holiday Inn Resort

Been to Robinhood Resort? Share your experiences!