“OMG!!! AMAZING”
Review of Lindberg Suites

Lindberg Suites
Reviewed 24 November 2011

Me and my fiancé went to Big Bear for the first time and we stayed in Suite number 2. We definitely want to come back to Big Bear and stay at the Kleine Haus. It was awesome. The room is really spacious, clean and has everything you will need. The kitchenette provides a refrigerator, a toaster, a coffee machine and plenty cups so you can make your breakfast at the suite. The king-size bed is really comfortable, the hot tub is huge and really clean. There is also a TV and a DVD player and you can actually watch TV while sitting in the hot tub. The rooms decor was just cute. The Kleine Haus is located in walking-distance to the Village and the lake, which was neat. We definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a great time.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Lindberg Suites

Reviewed 31 July 2011

We stayed at room number 4. The room is huge. It even has a futon in addition to the bed. Big jacuzzi. Very clean room. It has microwave, coffee maker, fridge and bagel toaster. Who puts a bagel toaster in a hotel room? That's amazing! They also included wine glasses and cork screw. That's a life saver. Imagine bringing a wine and not being able to drink it. Horrible feeling. The room has big trash can to fit the to-go food boxes. The bed is not squeaky. The pillows are very comfortable. The linens feels good and smooth. The carpet is clean. Yes! It's clean because when I walked barefoot, my feet did not turn black and there were no carpet stains. Oh! The only bad part that I saw in this room is that they forgot to vacuum under the bed. They even included a new free gilette Mach 3. After seeing that, my boyfriend said, "I love this place already." They included paper towel and the toilet paper were not the cheap kind that breaks easily. The room has lots of light which you can choose which lights you wanted lit. They have free wi-fi. They have candles in the room you can use. In addition to a very pleasant room is it's customer service. Dave was awesome! He was very friendly, accommodating and helpful. He lent us his bicycles and bike lock for free. He gave us directions and suggested places to eat. So, we strolled down the village And the Pine knot marina during the afternoon. The location of our room was walking distance to some very delicious restaurants including the Old Country Inn (German Food) and Grizzly Manor Cafe (American Breakfast). Dave even allowed us late check-out without a fee. He said as long as there were no other people coming in after us, he can let us stay late. The check-out was very easy. All you need to do is call Dave and leave the key in the room. I definitely recommend this hotel. We had an awesome stay and that was made possible by Dave. Thanks Dave! We'll be back.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank dntnid2knwmuah
Reviewed 3 February 2011

The room was spacious, decorated with great taste, and clean. I loved how it is close to everything. The people I dealt with were warm and friendly. I will only go there from now on.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2010

Its a very cute and cozy place with a great location. Unfortunately the carpets were stained, the bedding had holes in it. There was trash under the bed, spiderwebs on the ceiling and floor but worst of all was a pill just sitting on the floor. The response we got "this isn't a fancy hotel, its a lodge in Big Bear" along with that they questioned whether it was an issue with negligence by the maid or my high standards...... I wanted my money back but it was "too late to book to someone else for the night" and they have to make their money. Appalled by the whole situation. Then to top it off they only gave me a small portion of my money back because Sunday has a lower rate.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 November 2009

Pros:
Nicely decorated, large 2 person jaquzzi tub, kichenette, good location across from a couple restaurant.

Cons:
You need to go next door to the Black Forest Inn for towels, tissue, etc (no room service), plumbing is very loud and our bed was broken (it squeeked horribly and was being held up by 4x4s).

If we were staying there by ourselves the plumbing would not have been an issue, but at 3:30AM the couple above us decided to take a jaquzzi bath... this took 30 minutes to fill and then we heard the motor or about an hour. Every time the toilet flushed we knew it also.

The bed was so bad that I woke my husband up everytime I turned at night.

I didn't mind having to go next door for "do it yourself" room service... I actually liked knowing that we wouldn't have someone in our room while we were gone. A prior review said they supplied tea, etc... they did not when we were there. There's a micro, frig and toaster, but no food and no hair dryer.

There's a For Sale sign out in front, so hopefully the new owners will replace the beds... I don't think there's much they can do about the plumbing (but I'd live with it anyway). It truly could be a wonderful place with a couple of tweaks. The place is only 4 units so you have your privacy, there's a great restaurant across the street and a great bar a couple blocks down (Sandy's).

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 November 2009

My fiancé and I loved our room. It was furnished with beautiful furniture and decorated very tastefully. It was clean and well taken care of. The kitchenette was very useful; we saved money by shopping from the market and having breakfast in the room. The lodge is located in the heart of town and very close to all the shops and the lake. We felt pampered and relaxed. We will definitely go back. Service was wonderful.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2009

The location was a little tricky to find at first, due to big bear blvd. curving around we got a little lost but a nice cab driver gave us directions. You can bring your own snacks and food because the refrigurator and the microwave was nice and if you drink coffee do not forget that.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Best Western Big Bear Chateau
Best Western Big Bear Chateau
#1 of 19 in Big Bear Region
The Lodge at Big Bear Lake, a Holiday Inn Resort

Been to Lindberg Suites? Share your experiences!