“Delightful”

Lindberg Suites
Agoura Hills, California
“Delightful”
Reviewed 3 February 2011

The room was spacious, decorated with great taste, and clean. I loved how it is close to everything. The people I dealt with were warm and friendly. I will only go there from now on.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
San Diego, California
Reviewed 6 August 2010

Its a very cute and cozy place with a great location. Unfortunately the carpets were stained, the bedding had holes in it. There was trash under the bed, spiderwebs on the ceiling and floor but worst of all was a pill just sitting on the floor. The response we got "this isn't a fancy hotel, its a lodge in Big Bear" along with that they questioned whether it was an issue with negligence by the maid or my high standards...... I wanted my money back but it was "too late to book to someone else for the night" and they have to make their money. Appalled by the whole situation. Then to top it off they only gave me a small portion of my money back because Sunday has a lower rate.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
long beach, ca
Reviewed 23 November 2009

Pros:
Nicely decorated, large 2 person jaquzzi tub, kichenette, good location across from a couple restaurant.

Cons:
You need to go next door to the Black Forest Inn for towels, tissue, etc (no room service), plumbing is very loud and our bed was broken (it squeeked horribly and was being held up by 4x4s).

If we were staying there by ourselves the plumbing would not have been an issue, but at 3:30AM the couple above us decided to take a jaquzzi bath... this took 30 minutes to fill and then we heard the motor or about an hour. Every time the toilet flushed we knew it also.

The bed was so bad that I woke my husband up everytime I turned at night.

I didn't mind having to go next door for "do it yourself" room service... I actually liked knowing that we wouldn't have someone in our room while we were gone. A prior review said they supplied tea, etc... they did not when we were there. There's a micro, frig and toaster, but no food and no hair dryer.

There's a For Sale sign out in front, so hopefully the new owners will replace the beds... I don't think there's much they can do about the plumbing (but I'd live with it anyway). It truly could be a wonderful place with a couple of tweaks. The place is only 4 units so you have your privacy, there's a great restaurant across the street and a great bar a couple blocks down (Sandy's).

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
Ventura
Reviewed 4 November 2009

My fiancé and I loved our room. It was furnished with beautiful furniture and decorated very tastefully. It was clean and well taken care of. The kitchenette was very useful; we saved money by shopping from the market and having breakfast in the room. The lodge is located in the heart of town and very close to all the shops and the lake. We felt pampered and relaxed. We will definitely go back. Service was wonderful.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
los angeles
Reviewed 18 October 2009

The location was a little tricky to find at first, due to big bear blvd. curving around we got a little lost but a nice cab driver gave us directions. You can bring your own snacks and food because the refrigurator and the microwave was nice and if you drink coffee do not forget that.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Farmington, New Mexico
Reviewed 28 May 2009

My husband and I decided to stop in Big Bear on the way back from camping in Yosemite. From the website, the Kleine Haus Lodge appeared to be a comfy and romantic place, and we weren't disappointed. We wanted to check in early and contacted the manager, Ed, who promptly returned our call and was amenable to our request. It's always great to find someone/place focused on customer service, and we found Ed to be very friendly and helpful.

The suite itself was very charming, as you can see from the photos. It was roomy, and it provided us with a nice quiet place to recover from all of the Yosemite hiking. We stayed in Suite 3. It was extremely clean, which is always an important factor to me, and it appeared to be updated. The room included a coffee-maker, microwave, toaster, and a mini-fridge, which we found very useful. The lodge is not on the lake, but you can see it from across the street, and the Lodge is within walking distance to the Village as well as many restauraunts.

Tips: If you are a coffee drinker, you should bring your own coffee. The Lodge provides, tea bags, instant coffee mix, creamer, and even a bag of popcorn, but curiously, no coffee. I also recommend the upper two suites (3& 4) if you aren't adverse to stairs. There is a balcony with a table outside each suite. This is a nice place to breakfast, although all the suites have small tables in the room. Also, as with any accommodations, there is less noise if you are located on the upper versus lower level. Contact Kleine Haus directly to make reservations and save your self the $20 booking fee that you get if you go through the Big Bear Association.

Overall, Kleine Haus is really a fabulous place. We enjoyed ourselves so much that we added an extra night to our stay. Stay here if you visit Big Bear. You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
#5 of 7 in Big Bear Lake
Embers Lodge
Embers Lodge
#3 of 12 in Big Bear Lake

Been to Lindberg Suites? Share your experiences!