“Excellent cabin, but needs a couple repairs.......”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of The Fox Paw

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 37 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Greg D
“Excellent cabin, but needs a couple repairs.......”
Reviewed 10 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017

First thing, this cabin is VERY nice, plenty of room for a family of 4 or 5. Good lighting, awesome game room, fairly comfortable beds (for those who like firm mattresses). Only thing missing is a dining room table & chairs. The only place to sit down to eat is the little breakfast bar. You could also use the kitchen counters (or even the coffee table) if you need more room.

There are some repairs that need to be done, however............

1. Garage Door - Misaligned somehow (looks like the track was installed crookedly). There's about a 2-inch gap on the bottom on one side. That would NOT be good in the winter snow!
2. Barbecue - The charcoal pan needs to be replaced. It has rusted out and fallen apart (half of it was down in the yard!)

Overall, I recommend this cabin, but NOT IN THE WINTER! Once the repairs are made, this would be nearly perfect year-round!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Management Response
20 Sep 2017
Hello, Greg, Thank you for choosing Cool Cabins and we are so glad that this cabin was a good fit for your Big Bear vacation. I'm so sorry for the lack of dining table and the broken BBQ. I appreciate your time and feedback and have passed this information on to our maintenance team and homeowner for repair. We hope you'll return to Cool Cabins and The Fox Paw very soon.
nancy1956...
Yorba Linda, California
“Weekend Getaway”
Reviewed 10 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015

Really enjoyed our stay, the cabin was very nice, peek a boo lake view from the deck and the main thing it was dog friendly.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Service
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
CALIF

Reviewed 25 July 2013 for a stay in July 2013
person found this review helpful

Management Response
25 Jul 2013
Thank you for taking your time to leave this review. We just wanted to take a moment and offer our sincere apologies for the issues you had while staying with our company. This time of year we do tend to be busy and unfortunately we do have to take emergency calls first. We are very sorry for the inconvenience of the trash not being picked up in more timely fashion. In regards to the employee you mentioned we do apologize and we wanted you to know that, that person is no longer with us. We do hope you will be back to visit soon!
CA
Reviewed 30 June 2013 for a stay in June 2013
person found this review helpful

San diego
Reviewed 11 October 2012 for a stay in September 2012

Recommended for:
A romantic getaway
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing