“Hearty, home-made variety of sandwiches and wraps”

Amangela's Sandwich and Bagel House
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Soups
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Westlake Village, California, United States
“Hearty, home-made variety of sandwiches and wraps”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

I've walked by this deli many times but never ventured in despite the advertisement for Boar's Head products (the best) and pleasant outdoor seating. Saw your posts on Tripadvisor and decided to give it a try. A pleasant surprise. Chose a turkey pesto sandwich with homemade garlic-pesto bread. Large enough to split with my husband. Fresh lemonade to top it off. I guess the only think keeping this from a '5' rating is no waitress service and the best part of the meal was the bread which outweighed the volume of the insides...The rest of the sandwich was very typical of a turkey/tomato/lettuce salad. Small potato salad to accompany the meal. Value, however, was excellent for the meal served.

• Visited June 2014

• Turkish first
SO CAL
“Great sandwiches”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

After I had ordered, I saw a sign for 1/2 sandwich and soup or salad. That would have been ideal, as the sandwiches are huge. They have several bread choices, and they're delicious.

Visited May 2014
Henderson
“Delicious sandwiches!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

I ordered the turkey wrap that comes with garlic hummus and avocado but had them put it on the basil garlic bread instead of the spinach wrap and it was to die for!! It was so filling that I couldn't even finish it! I will definitely make Amangels's a tradition every time we're in Big Bear!

Visited March 2014
Thousand Oaks, California
“Amazing!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

We finally tried this place and we were not disappointed. On our last trip to Big Bear my husband saw someone eating a sandwich through the window and it looked amazing. Well, we made sure to try eat there this trip. Large portions, good prices, fresh homemade bread and quality ingredients. We even packed up the second halves of our sandwiches and enjoyed them on the way home the next day. We will be back!

• Visited March 2014
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Best Sandwich EVER!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

Love this little gem in Big Bear! Ordered the turkey sandwich on the basil garlic bread and it is, literally, to die for! Like everyone else, I have had a million sandwiches in my life and this one stands out. I, honestly, plan my Big Bear trips just knowing that we will be going here for lunch. Since I have recently gone gluten free 90% of the time (everyone has to have some yummy bread every once in a while!), I totally plan to "cheat" the day I come here. With that said, my only complaint or suggestion is that they offer some gluten free bread options. I know it probably won't be quite as yummy, but I have confidence they can swing something good.

The atmosphere here is super cute too and very easy to bring children with you. They even loved the food.

Similar to Panera, but dare I say it.... better?

• Visited November 2013