“Good food but ...”

Amangela's Sandwich and Bagel House
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Very good, creative food. Split a veggie sandwich, which comes with a small bag of chips. It is enough for a light eater, that doesn't want to be stuffed at the end of a midday meal. You get a choice of bread. Sandwich was very "thick". They also have soups which we didn't try. We ate outside because the weather was very nice.

Something happened that made me very upset though. You wait in line at the counter to order, then pick a table to sit at, then the food is brought to you. When we were in line and there were still two people in front of us that hadn't ordered yet, an employee went to the people behind us in line and asked them for their order. Their order was then delivered to the kitchen, but they waited in line to pay according to their turn. I saw them sit down and watched. Sure enough, their order was delivered 5-10 minutes before ours. That is not a fair process. I mentioned it to the person that delivered our food, and all she could say was "sorry, do you want to speak to the manager?" I didn't want to get more upset by going over the story again, so I passed on that, but I was not very happy.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

The place is always packed. Probably because the sandwiches are big and delicious besides being healthy. The drinks are good too. Vegans and vegetarians can have a nice lunch there, or take some sandwiches for a picnic later, without having to go to another sandwich shop to pick up other sandwiches for their meat eating friends. Smoothies and shakes can be made without dairy.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

While the menu looked great and the restaurant was busy, we felt our sandwiches tasted a little strange. Not sure if it was the combination of flavors, the quality and freshness of the ingredients, or both. But this place didn't live up to our expectations. The portions were generous though.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

I've walked by this deli many times but never ventured in despite the advertisement for Boar's Head products (the best) and pleasant outdoor seating. Saw your posts on Tripadvisor and decided to give it a try. A pleasant surprise. Chose a turkey pesto sandwich with homemade garlic-pesto bread. Large enough to split with my husband. Fresh lemonade to top it off. I guess the only think keeping this from a '5' rating is no waitress service and the best part of the meal was the bread which outweighed the volume of the insides...The rest of the sandwich was very typical of a turkey/tomato/lettuce salad. Small potato salad to accompany the meal. Value, however, was excellent for the meal served.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

After I had ordered, I saw a sign for 1/2 sandwich and soup or salad. That would have been ideal, as the sandwiches are huge. They have several bread choices, and they're delicious.