Our family is hooked on the little cabins here. Very comfortable beds, beautiful fireplace, a kitchenette with everything but food. Tall pine trees, a creek running thru the property, flowers and friendly staff. A private deck with tables, umbrellas, chairs, ducks and a boat dock to walk out on to the lake. Perfect to enjoy a picnic lunch, relax and read a book. Our family dog was also welcome to stay for a reasonable pet fee.
We originally stayed at the far end which is right on the lake. The rooms there were just standard hotel rooms...except for a huge beautiful fireplace in the middle! My main disappointment was that we stayed there in August. The internet didn't work in the south 40's so we went to the lobby and connected there. They also had a PC for our use in the lobby area.
Our 3rd stay was set up for my Parents' 57th Anniversary. The reservation was through an outside service. The cabin we requested in advance would have been perfect for them. We even drove up the Sunday prior to their stay to confirm the stay~and cabin number in person but somehow the cabin I spacifically requested had been given to someone else. The staff gave them an upgrade and a bottle of Martinelli's.
I still wish they could have had the other cabin as it was especially perfect for them. The staff really went out of their way to make sure they were happy even though there was a disappointing mix up.
The rooms are very nice, squeaky clean, rustic and near the heart of the town. We enjoyed our stay!
I would recommend making reservations directly with Big Bear frontier to alleviate third party problems such as this. It's an anniversary, they are old, I am still disappointed and too expensive do over. I guess we will just have to come up and stay again in the right cabin??? Oh darn LOL!
John and Lynn Davis, Moreno Valley Ca.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Big Bear Frontier is located on Big Bear Lake with 600 feet of private beachfront. We have 57 lovely cabins and motel rooms, all decorated in lodge pole mountain motif. Be sure to bring your beach towels and plan to barbeque on one of our many grills, located around the property. Our beautiful grounds feature large lawns and giant pine trees. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, HotelsClick, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Big Bear Frontier Cabins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Big Bear Frontier Cabins And Hotel
- Big Bear Frontier Cabins Hotel Big Bear Lake
- Big Bear Frontier Hotel
- Big Bear Frontier Lake
- Big Bear Frontier Lodge