“Would Definitely Stay there Again”

Big Bear Frontier Cabins
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Big Bear Lake
carson
“Would Definitely Stay there Again”
Reviewed 28 February 2008

Well my husband and i along with our 3 year old son booked this place last minute so i was not expecting great but satisfactory. Anywho from the moment i spoke with them to book they were nothing but friendly...going above and beyond trying to help us and accommodate our stay there. Well she said our check in was at 3pm but we had arrived at 12pm to do some early sledding and we had no idea where to go so my husband suggested that i call the frontier lodge since they had been so helpful before well to my surprise she said that our room was ready if we wanted to check in early and she would map out this the way to this place she takes her son thats free with lots of snow and hills great i exclaimed! It actually worked out better we were able to unpack and take our son to this sledding park which was literally walking distance from the frontier lodge to the park it took us 3 minutes by car it was so much fun we all had a blast tons of space for everyone to ride down their tobaggons!!! Thanks to them and their friendly staff...ROOM WAS GREAT,LOCATION WAS RIGHT WHERE EVERYTHING WAS AT, SERVICE WAS EXCELLENT, LOVED THEIR VIDEO RENTALS TOO... AND WOULD DEFINITELY STAY THERE AGAIN

• Liked — It was close to everything and the service was great!!!
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Turkish first
San Clemente, CA
Reviewed 27 February 2008

We stayed at this property for 2 nights in February and absolutely hated it. I booked the most expensive cabin. I was told it was "premium", certainly at $170 plus tax a night it should have been. But NO.... it was so dirty and small. The beds were very very uncomfortable. I ended up with major back pain and I don't even have back problems! My son, who is only 7 couldn't even sleep after a day of skiing. You'd think, he was tired enough to sleep anywhere.
You should see their blankets. It's like they wiped someone's rear end with them and plus they have major wholes in them. I wondered why??? I was tempted to bring them to the front desk and say:" Does this look like $170 a night to you?" I didn't, since I was preoccupied with my kids and didn't want any conflict.
I'm very sorry I didn't read the reviews here before. DON'T make the same mistake.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — On top of it all, the internet did not work and stuff refused to correct the problem stating that there was nothing they could do!
3 Thank Regulus
Honolulu
Reviewed 14 February 2008

We travel alot and were very happy with this spot. We stayed on the second floor of the two story building by the lake and loved our room and the people here. My college son, 13 year old daughter, and I stayed in a large room with fireplace. The room was remodeled, clean, big, with sink outside the bath which we love. We had a microwave and a small frig, all great for us as we travel. The people at the Frontier were helpful even though they were jammed with guests. We played pool in the lobby and rented a VHS video to watch in our room while we watched our fireplace crackle. We've been to Big Bear a few times before and I would definitely stay here the next time, too. Location is close to most that we wanted to do.

• Liked — Quaint, clean, big room
  • Disliked — No coin laundry
South Bay,CA
Reviewed 6 February 2008

I've been reserving a cabin at Big Bear Frontier for about 4 years. I go up to the mountains with my family a few times a year. At first, this place seemed really nice and reasonable. A lot has changed! About 2 years ago, our cabin that we booked was given away. They had to put us up in another cabin. I settled for that and didn't argue it. However, this happened again when we were up there on February 2-4 2008. We arrived there and were told that someone was already in the cabin that we had reserved. Come to find out, they told us that a lady had lied and said that she had booked cabin #1, when actually she booked #11. They gave into her and gave her our cabin. No one at the front desk took responsibility for this. They told us there was nothing they could do about it. One worker kept telling me how he prefers cabin #11 over #1. I told him thats nice and that maybe he likes that cabin but I don't. I booked #1 and wanted that cabin. What is the point of me calling and making reservations for a specific cabin when the reservations don't stick? When we finally did check out of cabin #11, they offered us a $50 credit for our next stay. Unbelievable! First of all I paid $600. $50 is nothing! And on top of that, they actually believe I will be coming back. Yeah right! In the past I have recommended this place to friends, but no more! To give my cabin away 2 different times is ridiculous. Fed up with Big Bear Frontier and will never stay there again.

• Liked — Nothing!
  • Disliked — They gave our cabin away!
3 Thank plpmilford
Torrance
Reviewed 4 January 2008

I couldn't have expected more. First, you check in the front which you walk in and there is a nice and welcoming, comfortable setting where you just sign a few things, the usual check deal and to the room we went. We checked in early and requested more towels than usual - it was all ready by the time we got to the room.

We stayed in the hotel portion of the place rather than one of the cabins which was nice. It was a little loud since we got a bottom room but when we complained about it, they were more than nice enough to tell the people upstairs to be quite. They also made sure that we were okay with checking up on us afterwards.

We rented a DVD player for 10 bucks and it was awesome! Someone hooked it up when we were snowboarding and it was done with so quick and easy.

The best thing about this place is that the room is really nice and the bathrooms were great for the price we paid. I mean it was less than 100 bucks a night. My boyfriend and I have stayed in a lot of places, cabins and even hotels but this was the cheapest. I was thinking that we were going to find grossness all around but we didn't. The beds were SO comfortable and I just couldn't complain about it. It was just so so comfortable! Beyond my mind.

Everyone was really nice, the room was great. The price is even better. Loved it all. I really recommend this place.

• Liked — I really liked the area, it was close to everything.
  • Disliked — The noise that other people made while I was trying to sleep!
  • Stayed January 2007, travelled as a couple
2 Thank d_cheng
CA
Reviewed 27 November 2007

The Big Bear Frontier Lodge is a fairly nice place that is managed very, very poorly. I stayed there with my family a couple of years ago. Our entire two bedroom suite was flooded. They did not have any openings for us to move into. So we had to leave while the water was extracted from the carpets and we had to live with the wet floors since they were not completely dry before we left. I asked for a refund with the intention of moving somewhere else. THEY WOULD NOT GIVE A REFUND. They gave me a voucher for a future stay, one day Monday thru Thursday. It expired before I could use it.

I gave them another chance and booked two days over the weekend for my sons in a two queen bed lakeside room. I was told because it was less than two weeks out, I had to pay for the stay when I booked. Their room was given away to upgrade another customer. My sons ended up staying in a one bed studio, not lakeside, and certainly not the room I had already paid for. They had no record of how our original reservation read. I was told that once the reservations are changed, there is no way of looking up the original record. I asked for the manager to call me. The clerk at the desk told me she would give Roger the message, but she doubted he would call me back. She was right. He did not bother to call. They offered me another voucher. I told them to keep it. I would not be back. I highly recommend that you avoid the Big Bear Frontier Lodge!

• Liked — Location to the lake.
  • Disliked — Poorly managed.
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled with family
8 Thank BigBearFan
Orange County
Reviewed 26 September 2007

I would highly recommend Big Bear Frontier. The cabins are
comfortable and kept beautifully. The staff is very accomodating.
There is a cabin for most sized parties and the location can't
be beat. For a short vacation, this fits the bill.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple
#4 of 7 in Big Bear Lake
Marina Resort
Marina Resort
#7 of 19 in Big Bear Region

Been to Big Bear Frontier Cabins? Share your experiences!