“Nice staff, great cabins and amazing view!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Big Bear Frontier Cabins

Big Bear Frontier Cabins
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Big Bear Lake
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Nice staff, great cabins and amazing view!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013

I went to Big Bear to visit some family. I love the atmosphere. I have stayed at a few different places before and decided to try Big Bear Frontier. I was bringing my two kids and one of their friends so we booked a three bedroom on the lake and I was amazed by the view. We arrived early and I wasn't sure if we would be able to check in but I gave it a shot anyway. The front desk girl with long curly hair, I forgot to get her name, got us in right away. She offered my kids some videos to watch before they went to bed, and gave them a basket ball to play with while I unpacked. I wish I had one of her everywhere we travel. We got to the cabin and WOW! We were lake front with a beach area and large back deck. The rooms were perfect! I will never stay anywhere else when I visit my Mom and Dad again! Thanks guys!

Room Tip: Ask for the section by the lake.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Brianna R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Turkish first
Santa Clarita, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

Very basic motel style accomodations in an excellent location. The first room we were given was on the bottom floor with a great view of the stairway. It hed 2 queens and seemed ok but we found a wet bathroom floor from a leaky toilet so we were moved to one of the individual cabins with a kitchenette with a small picnic area just outside the door and waterfront just steps away. Enjoyed the small front porch seating area. The rooms do not have a/c so remained fairly warm until evening. A small whole house fan would help draw cooler air in during the warmer months. Beds need upgrade. Our first time in a Big Bear hotel after recently selling a family cabin.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank endlessummer7084
Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2013

I agree with the general consensus of other reviews: Very nice front desk staff, basic, clean rooms (which include a refrigerator, iron and ironing board), but outdated. Beds had the "old school Motel-type" comforters and such, but they were ok comfort-wise. We stayed in a room with 2 queen beds right by the lake. Parking is free. We booked our room through Expedia and paid ~$160 or so for a Saturday night in June.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kls118
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013

Excellent place to spend time with your family or as a couple. Relaxing, activities around. Cabin was clean and perfect size.
Staff was friendly and the area is beautiful.
There are a couple of stores nearby where you can get food and there are grills outside to make your own food.
Movies and games available at the reception.

Room Tip: Cabins with lake view are a bit more expensive, but worth it. Room near door gets cold really quick...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank CMN72
long beach
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

This hotel was close to the lake and had a pool and a beach. Room was clean although very basic and outdated. Staff were very good and personable. Would have liked to stay closer to the lake. It was close to town so i could walk everywhere. Nice place.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank annehafner
South Pasadena
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2013 via mobile

Location and layout were great. Rooms really a facelift. functional but very outdated TV. Bathroom fixtures. Furnishings. Etc. Would be much better value with a little investment in property. Rented three rooms and a cabin

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank Garry M
Prescott, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2013

Though the room was beautiful and the lake view I paid extra for very nice, the noise level was ridiculous. Between blowers (which ran for hours), sanders carts and even a motorized small vehicle, it was very difficult to enjoy the beauty of this once very peaceful community. As we stayed a full week, I really think we should have been able to have a much more peaceful stay.

Room Tip: Perhaps if you can afford the cabins right on the lake, you might get away from the carts and other...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jim E
Ryan V, General Manager at Big Bear Frontier Cabins, responded to this review, 30 May 2013
Thank you for your review. I apologize that you were not 100% satisfied with your stay. Unfortunately, during our off season, we use this time to spruce up our resort and make any major renovations that are necessary. By doing so, we do have the occasional noise of power tools, etc. Our maintenance staff vigorously works to complete these tasks in a timely manner. You could have always brought this to my attention at any time during your stay and I would certainly made adjustments to our maintenance schedule.
However, I am happy that you found your cabin and lake view very nice. I invite you to come back and give my resort another visit; I am confident you will find the progress we are making very pleasing.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Big Bear Lake
#5 of 7 in Big Bear Lake
Travelodge Big Bear Lake CA
Travelodge Big Bear Lake CA
#7 of 7 in Big Bear Lake

Been to Big Bear Frontier Cabins? Share your experiences!