I actually stay here every time I go up to Big Bear, I like the place. The rates are reasonable and the heated pool & spa, pool table and free WI-FI are great. I have never had a problem with the staff being rude either.
The only huge complaint was last time I stayed there in January 2008. At about midnight the heater stopped working and it was 13 degrees F outside!!! They have an emergency phone # but nobody answered!! Within a short period of time the room started to get pretty cold, BRRRRRRRRRRRRRR...
My wife and daughter started to freak out because our blanket supply was minimal. I tinkered with the heater and FINALLY kick-started the darn thing, thank goodness.
I complained the next morning but the girl at the desk said she was surprised nobody answered my calls. Next time I go I'm making darn sure I've got all bases covered!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Big Bear Frontier is located on Big Bear Lake with 600 feet of private beachfront. We offer 57 lovely cabins and motel rooms, all decorated in a lodgepole mountain motif. Be sure to bring your beach towels and plan to barbecue on one of our many grills, located around the property. Our beautiful grounds feature large lawns and giant pine trees. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, HotelsClick and Evoline ltd so you can book your Big Bear Frontier reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Big Bear Frontier Cabins Hotel Big Bear Lake
- Big Bear Frontier Cabins And Hotel
- Big Bear Frontier Hotel
- Big Bear Frontier Lake
- Big Bear Frontier Lodge