“Decent Place, Convenient Location, No Frills”
Review of Big Bear Frontier

Big Bear Frontier
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Big Bear Lake
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Just stayed there for a night. It was very good accommodations. The room was clean but a little used. It was decorated cute, but there were no frills don't stay here if you are expecting some fancy hotel or something, its more like an upscale motel. But the price was right.
The location was great, just a block from the village. They also have direct access to the lake from their property a "beach" (which was more like stony sand) and a dock. There were beach chairs on a deck before the beach as well as a few scattered lawn chairs to relax on the beach. So from our room you just step outside and you just steps away from the water..a nice plus.
It was a little too crowded for my taste but that could just be the time of year i was there.
I would stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Sori L

Reviewed 10 August 2014

My granddaughter got married 3 weeks ago on Big Bear Mountain. So much of our family was there. We stayed at Big Bear Frontier Hotel. It
was great. The staff was very pleasant. The rooms clean. We really weren't sure what to expect but there was a little village there where
you could buy just about anything. We weren't sure what to expect
after going up that mountain for an hour but I have to admit it was well
worth the trip. Wished we could have stayed longer than 2 days.

Room Tip: Personally, I feel all the rooms are good. We were on the second floor which was nice because a cou...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Joanne339
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Wow what a great place to stay. Great location, close to the lake and walking distance to the village. Clean room and good size rooms. Great ambience!! I have stayed here b4 and will continue in the near feature.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank ANTCLOSE
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

Took my wife here for her birthday. We love the outdoors and spending time on the lake. They put is in a cabin the faced the lake. There are a bunch of cabins next to the lake but only two that actually face it. The cabins are just the right size, living area with large bedroom and fireplace. It was so peaceful to wake up and go sit on the porch and see the lake right in front of you. I wish I remember what cabin number to post.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Vegasguy30
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Walking distance from the village, clean rooms and overall a great experience . I would definitely stay there again !

The cabins are a perfect size for a couple getaway. My boyfriend and I stayed for one night and there was a tree that went literally through the front room. It was pretty funny.

We walked about 3 minutes to the village and didn't have to worry about drinking and driving or looking for a taxi. The price is reasonable considering the prime location.

• Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank Lety923
Reviewed 31 July 2014

First time we have stayed here and the experience was great! Our family of four adults and three kids (ranging in age from 5 to 93) really enjoyed the spacious rooms near the lake (we were here mid-week, a great value) and the pool and hot tub. The premises are very clean, with colorful flowers planted and cute cabins under mature pines. Free coffee and wifi as well. We loved the rustic decor and the comfy beds as well as the giant deck overlooking the lake, perfect for meeting people and enjoying outdoor meals. This is our new favorite place when we want to escape the heat of the desert!

Room Tip: Cabins are located throughout the property with more expensive ones near the lakefront. The 20-room...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I choose this place because of the small cabins shown on their website which appeared to be on the lake. I booked a room (believing it was a cabin) through booking.com. Upon our arrival we were put into a room in a Motel 6 type row with a view of the main road. We complained but were told that since we did not book with them directly we could only have a room not a cabin as we expected. I complained about the room so they switched us to a room supposedlywith a view of the lake. Again we were sent to a Motel 6 row, downstairs room, underneath the main stairwell with all the building's trash cans outside our door. No view, uncomfortable bed but made the best of our trip. It is not for couple's expecting a quiet weekend away. Will NOT stay here again and I am not too picky but this was just not what I paid for!!

Room Tip: Make sure you are getting an actual "cabin" not just a room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank TERRI T
Ryan V, General Manager at Big Bear Frontier, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I apologize for the experience you encountered between the third party booking site, Booking.com, and our property. Many times, booking sites such as this give very general information about the property or the room you're actually booking. I can assure you that we have many other options that would suit your needs. I invite you to give us another shot, possibly in one of our cabins, and I'm sure you'll be impressed.

Best,

#2 of 7 in Big Bear Lake
Travelodge Big Bear Lake CA
Travelodge Big Bear Lake CA
#7 of 7 in Big Bear Lake

Been to Big Bear Frontier? Share your experiences!