“I am Loco for this place”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of El Pollo Loco

El Pollo Loco
Ranked #24 of 60 Restaurants in Big Bear Lake
Cuisines: Fast food, Mexican, Spanish
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“I am Loco for this place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2013

We were looking for a place to grab a bite while waiting to check into the hotel. We found El Pollo Loco. I had seen several of these around so I wanted to try it out. I had the 1/2 chicken. The pricing was reasonable and the chicken was very good. I had cole slaw which was fine, but nothing spectacular. The fries were pretty typical fries in a fast food restaurant. I tried the horchata drink and thought it was very tasty. It is rather sweet, so if you are dieting, I doubt you will want it as it seems to have quite a bit of sugar in it. The only thing puzzling to me was the fact they served tortillas with the meal. I really did not see anything to use them for. My wife had the chicken salad. She thought it was fine, but she is not much of a fan of Mexican cuisine.

• Visited June 2013

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Poor service, not the typlical EPL quality”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2013

The service was slow, the food tasted stale and did not have the quality of food at the El Pollo Loco we typically go to.

Visited January 2013
Big Bear City, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Franchise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2012

Always ave loved the chicken there..Best fast food mexican food.So happy no hamburgers there
Good service..

Visited December 2012
Coronado, California
“Loco side salad is great!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

This is our favorite fast food restaurant. Love the side salad and chicken. Funny thing is we go often and twice in the last two months they have been out of chicken-QUE?

• Visited November 2012
Big Bear Lake, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent fast food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2012

Great food, fresh and quickly served with salsa bar. The service is always excellent, service with a smile.

Visited July 2012