“Simply Amazing”

Botana
Price range: US$12 - US$35
Cuisines: Italian, Mexican, Fusion
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Italian-Mexican Fusion Cuisine.
Reviewed 4 May 2014

This place was just so great. My fiance and I fell in LOVE. The food the service the atmosphere the price! Everything was just perfect.

There are newer reviews for Botana

Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

We read other reviews and were intrigued. Set menu that changes every night so you need to be open. Greeted by the owner on the way in and met the chef Antonio on the way out for a personal touch. Refreshing 5 course meal for only $15 each! Then portions were right sized and we left full but not stuffed. Nice selection of wine and beer. First time to big bear and the restaurant and will be back to both.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Give your taste buds a treat! Yes, there are no menus, but we were fine with being surprised with five - make that six different taste experiences. Warm, creamy carrot soup. Watermelon and greens salad with a beautiful dressing. Soft bread with a most amazing dip. Stuff portabello mushroom with a tomato sauce. Then pork short ribs with a mole sauce. Finally, a refreshing carrot pudding - not a pudding but a cooked mound of carrots with raisins. Sorry, I'm not a food critic so I can't give this meal the credit that it deserves.

Go for the adventure and a delicious meal. Everything is plate licking good.

1  Thank ChristmasSJ
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Today I went with a friend for lunch at Botana, a Mexican-Italian fusion restaurant! The food was absolutely delicious, the presentation was beautiful, and the portions were generous. I did not mind the fixed menu at all…it certainly made ordering easy! Botana caters to vegetarians and vegans…all you have to do is ask. Today they were serving a pork in chipotle sauce and when I told them I was vegetarian, they made me a special entree of seared zucchini with the same chipotle sauce and smothered in mushrooms. It was excellent. They also focus on organic produce, so if you want to each healthy this is your restaurant. Also the hand brewed herbal tea was the best I've ever had. I can't wait to take my girls there for lunch and my husband for dinner. My new favorite!

1  Thank Pam P
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Botana's has a set menu that changes every day and doesn't repeat itself. Dinner starts off with the owner David, taking you to your table and the first course is served within minutes of sitting down. The five courses are all fine dinning quality and served one after another as soon as you've finished a course. After the meal is completed you are presented with the bill. This is where the surprise comes in! Two people enjoying a five course fine dinning meal with dessert, comes to around 32.00. This is a must try dinning experience whenever traveling to or through Big Bear Lake.. Closed Tuesday's, Hours are 11-9pm. serving a lunch preset menu and a Dinner preset menu..Don't miss this hidden jewel!

1  Thank Charles R