“What will now be our annual family vacation spot” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cabins4less

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Big Bear Lake
Cabins4less
San Diego, California
“What will now be our annual family vacation spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2012

We just returned from a two night stay in cabin 18. This was a family trip with 7 adults, and 5 children under the age of 6. The cabin set up is great for a large group. We liked the casual decor, but if you are looking for someplace luxurious, this is not the place. While it is nicely appointed, and it was very much to our liking, some people might find it too simple for their taste. The best part is that we were able to have our grand kids and dogs, and not worry when they wanted to run around and enjoy themselves. It is roomy, and quiet, even though it is on the main road into Big Bear. The staff was very friendly, and helpful with our every need. The only reason I did not give it 5 stars is because we paid extra to use the jacuzzi, they filled it for us and turned it on, but when we went to use it later that night it did not have enough water,and if we tried to use the jets, it sprayed out alll over the room. It was too late to call them and wake them up to tell them, but we wished they would have checked once it was full. Perhaps they thought there were going to be more adults, but it was two adults and three children, and the water level did not rise accordingly. All in all it is a great spot for a nice cabin experience. We will definitely be back. We did not take advantage of the free bikes, or kayaks. Note to people taking little children, take them to the Alpine Slide down the road, lots of family activities, and very reasonably priced, we had 5 adults and 4 kids go on the chairlift, and do the slide, and it only cost $20. Which is very fair. They have go carts, mini golf (Small course) and a nice waterside which is $15 dollars for an all day pass.

Room Tip: Be sure to bring your own towels, and sheets. Also blanket throws for watching tv on the leather cou...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank lennyrocks12

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2012

We stayed in Cabin #53. Everyone I came into contact with was great! Whether it was on the phone, checking in, or the person fixing something. The location is great! Right down the street from The Village. The water is 200 feet or less from the cabin and there is an area with chairs, a table, bbq's before you get to the water. We ate our lunch there each day. The kayaks and paddle boat is at the end of the little dock right there for you. It's not a swim area, btw. The marina is right next door. In the cabin is a coffee pot, toaster, microwave, full fridge, plates, glasses, bowls, silverware, cooking items, iron board, iron, tv. I didn't see all of these items listed so hope it helps to list them. We brought our own stuff anyway though. Don't forget your own sheets and blankets and pillow cases! The only thing I wasn't happy with was that the floors were NOT clean at all. And they smelled too. I like that they don't charge a cleaning fee, so I guess the cabin floors not being clean is to be expected. I am 5 months pregnant and sensitive to smells so it was a bit of a pain. Weather was perfect so we were out most of the time anyway.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Kiffany R
Long Beach, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2012

We just came back from cabins4less. We stayed in cabin 9 and we had a great time! the place was very nice,and the owners were very helpful. We plan to go back to cabin 9. i recomend anyone that wants to go to Big Bear to stay there. the hiking was phenominal ,and our tour guide Jay, was excellent. we liked him alot. and the free bikes,and kayaks were so much fun to experience. we loved it so much!:)
-gabriel and karla

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Itzel S
Sunland, CA.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2012

We just got back from a 4 night stay at Cabins 4 less and had a GREAT time. I have to admit I was a bit leery after reading some of the reviews but the place was perfectly fine to me and my son. The staff was super nice and helpful. We really enjoyed the free Kayaks, bikes, hike and DVD's (nice selection of DVD's). We stayed in 2 different cabins because we weren't sure we could stay the last night until the last minute and it turned out the cabin we had been staying in was reserved that night but they were really nice and let us move into another cabin at 11:00 am instead of normal check in time (2:00pm). After reading the reviews I was worried about using the showers but they were perfectly fine to me. Cabins 4 less isn't fancy but it's a "cabin" not a 4 star hotel. Bringing our own linens was not a problem for us either but if you don't bring them you can pay a small fee and use theirs, I guess this is part of the reason they can keep their prices so low. There were plenty of blankets although it was summer and we didn't need them. I was perfectly happy with it all and we are planning on staying there again this winter and again next summer.

2 Thank Sheri T
buckeye, AZ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2012

I did like the cabins and the people there are very friendly and helpful. And even the maid service speaks english.. I liked that as well because I cant count the many times, Ive asked for an extra towel or something else at other hotels and they cant understand me.So that was an added bonus. I also liked the playground they had for the kids which I will try to upload pics of. I will def go back.

Room Tip: playground, lake, free bikes, canoes
2 Thank alnjudy
Hesperia, Ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2012

We have stayed here every summer for many years and find the owners very friendly and helpful. They have great rates and all kinds of free things to do, biking, boating, fishing and more. We love staying at cabin 18 which is very comfortable for up to 8 people. The cabins are a short walk to Boulder Bay were there is a very nice city park and new fishing dock. You will not be disapointed staying at this fine establishment in my opinion!

Room Tip: Cabin 18 is very comfortable
2 Thank Steve E
Moorpark, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2012

We stayed with cabins4Less in cabin 31 enjoyed the experience. I wasn't ready for the rustic nature of the cabin but it grew on me. The customer service from the owner was most excellent, he was very attentive to our needs, pleasant, and helpful, and so was everyone else we dealt with. The package we got also included a free hour rental of each the kayak and bike. The price was very good, the service was good, we had lots of fun, just be ready for the rustic cabin feel!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
The Lodge at Big Bear Lake, a Holiday Inn Resort
Travelodge Big Bear Lake CA
Travelodge Big Bear Lake CA
#7 of 7 in Big Bear Lake

Been to Cabins4less? Share your experiences!