“Always come back with Great Memories”
Review of Cabins4less

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Big Bear Lake
Cabins4less
Reviewed 6 November 2013

It was our 3rd stay at Cabins4Less. Have always been attracted to this place. After browsing all other accomodations, we invariably choose Cabins4Less. Our kids love it too. Owners are very friendly & so nice. We stayed at Cabin # 9 for 2 nights this time. Great prices. The place has unique collectibles that makes the cabin special.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank TravelIsAlwaysFun

Reviewed 29 October 2013

The owners here wnt above and beyond what we expected.
You will not be talking to an uncaring robot here.If you have a problem here, they will be right on it and go above and beyond for you. Our kids refused to share a bed and the owner had a roll away bed delivered to our room in the dead of night,(above and beyond)

THANKS GUYS for great family memories!!

My parents are going to stay here based on our great experience..

PET FRIENDLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BRETT LATRAY AND FAMILY

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Brett L
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Great price for a lakefront condo. Very cute and cozy with 2 beds. Nice kitchen with full size coffee pot and refrigerator. All of the people were so nice! What a great getaway from the fast pace of life. Very laid back, discount prices on kayaks and paddle boats. Swimming, fishing, big boats too.
Room could have been a bit cleaner, and I disliked making up the bed myself. They say bring your own sheets & towels, I really didn't like that. And clean up your dishes and trash before you leave. Would have rated them a 4, had it not been for those last 2 things.
Big Bear Lake is an awesome town--great shopping and dining. Many more services than I expected. I would love to go back and stay a week!

Room Tip: I liked the condos, they are newer. Didn't see a cabin, but heard they were small. Ask about bri...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Upon entering the lakefront condo we smelled a pungent odor that resonated throughout the entire room. The kitchen was dirty and the carpet was stained. I called and respectively asked for other accommodations and was refused. This place is far from clean. Dirt dust & crumbs. Had to light the pilot on the f/p. Grates and covers unattached from the walls. The sofa leg was broken & trash was in the cushions & underneath. The view of the lakefront is blocked by big bushy trees. The outdoor furniture is rickety & dirty with worn cushions. Bee's nests in the eves. We should have left but I wasn't in the mood to spend the rest of the afternoon looking for someplace else more suitable to stay. I confronted Ron the owner at checkout. He admitted to me that the lakefront condo's were indeed dirty & needed repair. I told him that the only reason I called his establishment was that he was close to town, he was pet friendly and that the pictures on his website looked like a clean place. I would have gladly paid more if it were cleaned. I took pictures of everything I mentioned and more.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jjmjwsk
fundude123, Owner at Cabins4less, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2013

We are always available for inspection 365 days a year, that would not be offered if we were not confident, Lakefront are new and modern

Reviewed 25 August 2013

Loved our room....great location with a view & nice park area on the water . There is no other place where you can take your dog,on the water,with a kitchen.Plus rent kayaks cheap from wonderful people! Can't wait to go back in a week ! Many other great cabins available for other tastes ....Love the old cabins in the forest too!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 18 August 2013

My name is Steve Boyce. I'm an Actor/Model/Stuntman & Bodyguard...Last year we stayed (4) days @ this property. Ron and his beautiful wife run a top notch operation in Big Bear, Ca. The cabin was just it appeared on their website, the location is unbelievable, your basically on the lake, with boats/kayaks/bikes/fishing & swimming less than 2 minutes away...Everything worked just fine in our cabin, they were very clean & cozy, and the staff was very helpful...In fact we just booked our Big Bear vacation again with Cabins4Less. We'll be there this Thursday....Come join us...!!!

Room Tip: With all the free activities available, you'll be sooo tired, it won't matter...!!!,
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Steve B
Reviewed 24 June 2013

2 Night stay. Did not pre-communicate to us that linens and towels were needed at booking, but did accommodate. Arrived at room with open front door - did not have code to relock. Accommodated with text of code. Fridge in first cabin did not work - accommodated with replacement fridge. Bought groceries but found out when stocking that 2nd fridge also did not work properly. Kept groceries in freezer overnight blowing cool to luke warm air (just enough to keep from spoiling). Curtains in room - too see through at night (romantics - watch out). Bathroom tub had no stopper for a bath, water only came out the shower head (we booked a room with a tub to use it as such). Cozy cabin but dusty couch/curtains. Talked to Ron next morning about our previous day's adventures and asked about a new solution. He recommended an upgrade to the Edgewater condos by marina - was agreeable. No linens, no towels, no stopper in tub - but cleaners were in lower condo and immediately accommodated. Later in evening when getting comfortable - turned on heater and did not work. Someone stopped in and needed to shut the gas on and light the pilot. I have to admit that this is FAR more interaction that one desires when staying somewhere romantically for a few nights. I appreciated the second night upgrade- but given we paid 200.00 for two nights and these types of rooms cost about the same that time of year anyway - not sure we really got that great a deal in return for the many issues we had. Will look for somewhere else to spend time next time we go. I cannot recommend cabsin4less. Also - if you search for this business by vacation rental you get one positive review. If you search by hotels- you get numerous poor reviews. This seems a bit dishonest in terms of how the business is advertised - although it may not be intentional.

Room Tip: Skip this business and find another if you are a couple wanting romance.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
#5 of 7 in Big Bear Lake
Embers Lodge and Cabins
Embers Lodge and Cabins
#6 of 14 in Big Bear Lake

Been to Cabins4less? Share your experiences!