“Sad place”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 11 January 2014

The ambience was dead :(...our servers were really nice but the food was cold. I could hear the microwaves beeping in the kitchen heating our food. No food being cooked fresh on the spot...not good for meat. Did not eat our whole meal. Maybe our expectations were too high. Save your money and dine else where.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

I've been to this restaurant many times over the years I have lived here, and have brought many, many guests. For the past couple years, however, I have been less often. The food is good and plentiful but there is no pride of ownership. In fact if a restaurant could demonstrate signs of depression like humans do, I'd say this one is ready for therapy. The carpets are stained and filthy. The seat vinyl is torn, the plastic table cloths are torn, the.table tops are always sticky. The menus are thrashed. There is no business during the week. Usually one waitress and dead silent. Maybe for holidays and tourist occasions it's busy, I hope so, but I also hope this review lights a fire under the owners tush so I can feel comfortable bringing people here again. I don't want to know the state of the kitchen. Locals, like me are not likely to return. The lake view and outdoor seating are good. Wishing B's renewed energy to spruce and clean things up.

1  Thank In2trees
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Well, those of us that were up at Big Bear, are accustomed to going to this type of place, and from the looks of the local love it also, as it offers a view of the lake that can't be beat, and the beer is affordable, and cold. However beware the place is in need of alot of TLC.

Reviewed 23 August 2013

My $12 Cheeseburger was very good. It came with choice of two sides. The French fries were average and the Macaronie & Cheese was excellent. Watched other eating the bbq and I should have tried it for a couple of more dollars.

Reviewed 23 August 2013

We are a 5 person family with 2 dogs. So happy that we found this place. Good food and good service.