other traveller has booked this property

Review of Little Swiss Inn

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Average
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
ritasilve...
Santa Monica, California
“Little Swiss Inn- would give zero stars if could.”
Reviewed 4 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016
people found this review helpful

Where do I begin...Dirtiest and filthiest place that my family have ever stayed. We are well traveled family including ski resorts in Canada , Utah, Mammoth etc. in peak seasons. This was my first stay in Big Bear, only because of my extended family vacation planning.
We arrived on the evening of December 29th, and had planned activities with the extended family that was staying in the Big Bear area.
Counters and dining table in our cabin were covered with old dried out food stains.
Dirty cabinets. Dishes looked not fresh. No dishwasher in the cabin.
All light switches, door nobs that needed to be touched by hand were covered by overt dirt. Walls covered by dirt stains of various ages. Litterally disgusting...
I went around and cleaned/sanitized the ones that had to be used during our stay.
I scrubed the counters and cleaned the table, so that we can place food on it.
Bedding was not fresh, and sheets were just crumbled under the bed cover. Called the management of "Cool Cabins" to report all this issues. They said that hey are having an extremely busy day, and would send someone when possible. Close to family dinner time two ladies showed up with tools to clean, and fresh bed sheets.
I asked them to just change beds, since I cleaned the counters and table.
The place smelled like people have been smoking there. I reported it, but the management insisted that all their properties are non-smoking. Not true in this case...
No appology or moving to another property offered. I understand that because of the holidays that were fully booked.
Lighing in the house was extremely poor. Even overhead lighing had to be plugged in into questionable, broken outlets.
We arrived in the dark, and had to climb two steep flights of exterior stairs partially covered by ice. No basic lighting provided. Extremely hazardous.
We paid for the above described $825 per night including "cleaning fee". It did not occure to me that at that price I will not be getting something decent.
It's a shame to offer this property to any civilized people at any price.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
101edgarc
“Not the greatest stay.”
Reviewed 22 June 2016 for a stay in June 2016
people found this review helpful

We booked this cabin for a weekend getaway. Was shocked that the price double at check-out once the "cleaning fee" was added in. Chose to still book though. Even more shocked at the strict contract stating we are to take out our trash and leave the place spotless despite the 300$ cleaning fee. We arrived and everything was dusty and not kept up with. The advertised washer and dryer were not available. And various blankets were also stained. Because of this it wasn't the greatest stay but can't say the worst. Would go with a different choice next time.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
27 Jun 2016
Hello Edgar,
We are very sorry that the site you booked on stated a different price and that this cabin was not appropriately cleaned for your stay. I apologize for the oversight on our part and by housekeeping and we will be sure attend to this property to assure this will not happen again. I'm sorry for any confusion with the laundry. This home is not equipped with on-site laundry and is not advertised as so. Thank you for all of your time and feedback and we truly hope you will return to Cool Cabins in the future and stay in another one of our cozy Big Bear homes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing