“chris & don”
Review of Fen House

Fen House
Ranked #1 of 1 Pakenham B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We have just had 3 nights at this B&B and this is the best by far. The breakfast was really good excellent quality of food and plenty to have, Lynn & Glyn were the perfect hosts nothing was too much trouble made us feel at home. The bedroom was spotless and clean and comfortable with tv and en-suit and plenty of hanging space, If we are down that way again we will definitely be booking in there again fantastic.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 6 December 2012

I only stayed one night in this B & B but would have been delighted to have stayed more. I had Bedroom 1, a large spotlessly clean bedroom with a comfortable king size bed and an en-suite shower room with a nice large shower. The room and en-suite were very nicely decorated and furnished with as much draw space and hanging space as you could ever wish for. Every amenity thatyou want is in the room. The hosts are really welcoming and the breakfast was really tasty, excellent quality food and there was lots of it. I considered the nightly tariff to be really excellent value and would certainly stay there again.

Go on, - book it, - you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank KG587
Reviewed 19 November 2012

My family and I had booked elsewhere for 2 nights, but after one we were searching for somewhere else to stay. This lovely B&B saved the weekend for us!

We had the family suite on the top floor, two double bedrooms and a family bathroom. The rooms were clean and modern, with lovely comfy beds, TV, DVD player and lots of tea, coffee and hot chocolate.

The bath looked very inviting, but alas no time, but the shower was powerful and hot, lots of towels and bathrobes provided for us.

The owner even gave us a lift to a family function as she explained taxis were expensive as they weren't local.

Breakfast next morning was ideal. Some had cooked, but I had continental, which came in a heated basked with lots of pastries and croisants. There was a good selection of fruit, cerials and yogurts to choose from.

I would highly recommend this B&B to anyone, and wish we had found it before our disasterous first night elsewhere.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank AnnabelleCornwall
Reviewed 13 November 2012

Stayed here with my wife for just 1 night as we were visiting family for a 40th party. It felt like we were hardly here though as we didn't arrive until around 6pm, went out an hour later, came back and slept, had breakfast and left. The room was a decent size, but the bathroom was pretty tight although there was a double shower with a great power shower. There was plenty of cupboard space and the whole room was very clean and well presented. In case the owners or anyone else is wondering why i gave 3 stars for value and sleep quality I'll explain. At home we have a memory foam mattress which I love and they have a similar mattress here but for some reason I didn't sleep that well and woke up with my back slightly restless. We paid £80 for the room which is fine and I'm not saying it's not worth it, it's solely because we hardly had any time to make use/enjoy the room (which I know is our fault).

Would definitely stay again and recommend to others.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 November 2012

Sat nav took me straight to the front door. Stayed for 3 nights while working in Bury St Edmunds. Lovely little cake waiting for me on my arrival. Welcoming hosts, nothing too much trouble. Very clean and comfortable room, and en suite shower room and good for the price. Lovely breakfast, will definitely use this B and B again when I have to work in Bury St Edmunds

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank jules g
Reviewed 11 November 2012

Stayed for two nights this passed weekend.......lovely clean spacious room. Arrived late and was met ith a warm smile. Immaculate clean room with massive comfy bed. Breakfast next morning was great......and I tried the sausage just to be nosey after a previous review on here. Well they have either changed the sausage make or the review on here is a dud, however the breakfasts was fresh and plentiful. Great location and friendly hosts.......if I am in the area again....then nowhere else would get a look in. Worth every penny and every review. Thank you.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I have stayed in some great (and not so great) places over the years on business across the country but never has a B&B been good enough to spur me to write a review, until I stayed at Fen House
Firstly, the rooms and en suite bathrooms are immaculately clean - 4* hotels take note! Nothing is too much trouble for the owners and their cooked breakfast surpases anything you could get other than maybe at your own home - all cooked fresh and with quality ingredients. Lunch is not required after this feast
They have loads of DVD's for you to watch in your room, free WiFi, a great garden, which is especially great during the summer and if you walk a couple of minutes down the lane, you might see some of the many local Owls swooping across the fields looking for supper
I have been fortunate to stay as this place over the last couple of years when on business in the local town of Bury St Edmunds and would not think of anywhere else. Do yourself a favour and try it - you will not be dissapointed

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Smithy1958

Been to Fen House? Share your experiences!