“perfect location for business stopover”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Rydges Bankstown

Rydges Bankstown
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Bass Hill
Sydney
“perfect location for business stopover”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2011

Recently decided to stop overnight following a business meeting instead of driving back to Upper Blue Mountains. Hotel was easy to find and by far the nicest looking hotel in the area. Staff were very friendly and accommodating, rooms were basic but clean and fresh and food in restaurant was very nice.
There is plenty of parking and though I was a bit worried about car security I had no problems.
Not really a place to stay if on holidays in Sydney but ideal for short stopovers.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
The_Hotel_Team, General Manager at Rydges Bankstown, responded to this review, 1 September 2011
Thank you for your the wonderful review. We are delighted you had a wonderful stay.

Wayne Woods

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2011

I stayed here for my anniversary on the cupid package and loved it! I called to make my reservation and the lady was very helpful and went out of her way to find out the reason I was travelling and when she found out it was for our anniversary suggested the cupid package which made our stay that little bit more special.

Upon check in the staff were very friendly and helpful offering any assistance they could throughout my stay.

I will defiantly be stay again and me and my partner agreed to stay ever year on our anniversary.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Cairns, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

I stayed at the Rydges Hotel, Bankstown (Sydney) in NSW, Australia for a couple of nights in July and loved it! The staff are great - friendly and helpful and the value for money was oustanding! Honestly, one of the most comfortable hotel beds I have ever slept in. The room was clean, well-appointed, spacious and tastefully decorated. Definitely recommended - why stay in the centre of Sydney when you can stay here?

Room Tip: All rooms appear to be equally good!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Great to see you enjoyed the hospitality of our team. The hotel team will be delighted you enjoyed your stay.

New Zealand
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2011

Stayed here for 2 days on a business booking. Where do I start. The booking manager must hate us. Arrived wishing i had a bullet proof vest and could speak arabic. Waited to dine, to be seated took 10-15 minutes for a group of 4. We eventually got seated and had a drink and a menu, this arrived after having to ask for it a further 15 minutes later. Took a further 90 minutes to have our order taken, ANOTHER 4 TABLES WERE WAITING A SIMILIAR TIME. After waiting for 2 hours we received our meals which one hand to send back as the food was cold, anothers chicken dish tasted like fish , another lamb shank was shank with no lamb and my my thai red curry had no sauce and tasted like it was out of a can. We drove to find another hotel for our next business trip. WE WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN. The bathrooms were growing mould due to the bad house cleaning, The restaurant and bar had insufficient staff and dirty dishes left over from previous diners. Breakfast was also TERRIBLE with old fruit and ice blocks to keep the yoghurt cold in the yoghurt. THIS IS THE ABSOLUTE PITS

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
The_Hotel_Team, General Manager at Rydges Bankstown, responded to this review, 28 July 2011
My sincere apoligies for the bad experience during your stay at the hotel. The quality of service you received is totally unacceptable and there is no excuse.

Based on your feedback we have now made multiple changes to the team. I thank you for your valuable feedback.

Travellers are raving about these Bass Hill hotels

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2011

I was disappointed with the quality of this 4star hotel. It desperately needs a renovation! It had dirty walls, leaking taps & shower, and the inroom fridge didn't work.
Location is ok, with a local supermarket shopping centre, takeaways & servos all a 2min walk away.
I wouldn't pay for this hotel with my own money.

• Stayed July 2011
Thank you for writing your review. The hotel has just purchased new in room mini bars and will be putting in place a refurbishment program to freshen up the hotel rooms.

Sydney
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2011

Nice room, easy parking, close to shopping. Good place to stay

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Thank you for you feedback and I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us!
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2011

I stayed over the weekend last month and I was astounded with the service that this hotel provided the customers. Firstly, a long queue at the reception desk. How could one person be able to accommodate all the check in guests in 20 mins? I waited for that long and to even think that hotels should have atleast 2 receptionist at all times just to accommodate all the guests is a must. Room is pleasant but seemed quite old. Smelly and disgusting. Buffet staff was pleasant specially, I believe she's from Asian background who made sure that customers are looked after and quite a relief that she asked how I was and that was the first someone asked me that question after a terrible day at this hotel. The other male staff was just standing there and seemed clueless.

Staff in this hotel need to be trained because customer service was terrible. Room maintenance is required..

• Stayed April 2011
Comfort Inn & Suites Burwood
Rydges Parramatta
Rydges Parramatta
#3 of 4 in Rosehill

Been to Rydges Bankstown? Share your experiences!