“Nice hotel without a lot of glamour”
Review of Rydges Bankstown

Rydges Bankstown
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Bass Hill
Reviewed 5 September 2011

The hotel is not actually in Bankstown, its in Bass Hill, about 5 kms away.
Good sized bed and room with quite location. The restaurant was good and well priced. McDonalds is next door if needed.
Car parking seemed safe beside the hotel. Nice entre area and bar area. Pool but too cold this time of year.
Beds were good and comfy. About 30 mins from the airport via M5

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Brett B, General Manager at Rydges Bankstown, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2011

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback, I am glad you enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Brett Barlow

Reviewed 8 August 2011

Very nice hotel catered to everything I needed staff are very customer service orientated and the bed was brilliant !!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
The_Hotel_Team, General Manager at Rydges Bankstown, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2011

Thank you for your positive feedback and the hotel team look forward to welcoming you back in October.

Reviewed 4 August 2011

Recently decided to stop overnight following a business meeting instead of driving back to Upper Blue Mountains. Hotel was easy to find and by far the nicest looking hotel in the area. Staff were very friendly and accommodating, rooms were basic but clean and fresh and food in restaurant was very nice.
There is plenty of parking and though I was a bit worried about car security I had no problems.
Not really a place to stay if on holidays in Sydney but ideal for short stopovers.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business

Thank you for your the wonderful review. We are delighted you had a wonderful stay.

Reviewed 31 July 2011

I stayed here for my anniversary on the cupid package and loved it! I called to make my reservation and the lady was very helpful and went out of her way to find out the reason I was travelling and when she found out it was for our anniversary suggested the cupid package which made our stay that little bit more special.

Upon check in the staff were very friendly and helpful offering any assistance they could throughout my stay.

I will defiantly be stay again and me and my partner agreed to stay ever year on our anniversary.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2011

I stayed at the Rydges Hotel, Bankstown (Sydney) in NSW, Australia for a couple of nights in July and loved it! The staff are great - friendly and helpful and the value for money was oustanding! Honestly, one of the most comfortable hotel beds I have ever slept in. The room was clean, well-appointed, spacious and tastefully decorated. Definitely recommended - why stay in the centre of Sydney when you can stay here?

Room Tip: All rooms appear to be equally good!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends

Great to see you enjoyed the hospitality of our team. The hotel team will be delighted you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 13 July 2011

Stayed here for 2 days on a business booking. Where do I start. The booking manager must hate us. Arrived wishing i had a bullet proof vest and could speak arabic. Waited to dine, to be seated took 10-15 minutes for a group of 4. We eventually got seated and had a drink and a menu, this arrived after having to ask for it a further 15 minutes later. Took a further 90 minutes to have our order taken, ANOTHER 4 TABLES WERE WAITING A SIMILIAR TIME. After waiting for 2 hours we received our meals which one hand to send back as the food was cold, anothers chicken dish tasted like fish , another lamb shank was shank with no lamb and my my thai red curry had no sauce and tasted like it was out of a can. We drove to find another hotel for our next business trip. WE WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN. The bathrooms were growing mould due to the bad house cleaning, The restaurant and bar had insufficient staff and dirty dishes left over from previous diners. Breakfast was also TERRIBLE with old fruit and ice blocks to keep the yoghurt cold in the yoghurt. THIS IS THE ABSOLUTE PITS

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
The_Hotel_Team, General Manager at Rydges Bankstown, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2011

My sincere apoligies for the bad experience during your stay at the hotel. The quality of service you received is totally unacceptable and there is no excuse.

Based on your feedback we have now made multiple changes to the team. I thank you for your valuable feedback.

Reviewed 13 July 2011

I was disappointed with the quality of this 4star hotel. It desperately needs a renovation! It had dirty walls, leaking taps & shower, and the inroom fridge didn't work.
Location is ok, with a local supermarket shopping centre, takeaways & servos all a 2min walk away.
I wouldn't pay for this hotel with my own money.

• Stayed: July 2011

Thank you for writing your review. The hotel has just purchased new in room mini bars and will be putting in place a refurbishment program to freshen up the hotel rooms.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bass Hill
Waldorf Parramatta Apartment Hotel
Novotel Sydney Olympic Park
Novotel Sydney Olympic Park
#2 of 4 in Sydney Olympic Park

Been to Rydges Bankstown? Share your experiences!