“Clean & friendly”
Review of Rydges Bankstown

Rydges Bankstown
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Bass Hill
Reviewed 22 November 2011

I found the staff at this hotel very friendly. The rooms were spacious and clean - basic but affordable. Bed very comfy and had a great night's sleep!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Rydges Bankstown

Reviewed 18 November 2011

I stayed here for work when the temperatures were 30 plus degrees. The air-conditioning struggled. I asked for it to be fixed or moved to another room. Unfortunately my two colleagues in other rooms also had the same problem. The air-conditioning was not fixed and even when the temperature was in the mid 20’s the rooms are still hot.

The hotel is close to a main road but surprisingly well insulated from the noise. The rooms despite an attempt to modernise the rooms are let down by old bathrooms. The sheets are not replaced each day and the room feels dirty.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank craigv01
Reviewed 21 October 2011

I booked here for a night via the phone and was told the room price and thought that was fine and i was happy with that.

Arrived and went to check in. Was told then that i had to pay the night in advance which is fine and then pay a further $200 which would be given back to me the next day (however these transactions can take a few days to go back in as i have experienced in the past). This is something that was NOT explained via the phone, if it was i would have either prepared for this or not booked the room and bothered wasting time and petrol driving here. I had my visa card but couldn't understand why just taking a copy of it in case of damage wouldn't be good enough, this is what most motels tend to do now and it works just fine. In fact i had just come from a 2 week holiday and stayed in 7 other motels none of which asked for a bond but took my visa details for just in case.

By this time i was very tired from my trip and decided to go with it and complain later. So let them swipe my card. However i hadn't realised a payment had come out leaving it just short of the $350 i needed for the night so it was declined. Upon this the girl at the reception said i could use another card. I told her i don't have any as i don't believe in debt, i live within my means. She told me they couldn't check me in without the $350 required. I told her to cancel the booking. I did have other money in another account i could have transferred but at this stage i was getting annoyed at her tone and manner and the fact i'd be without $200 for a few days!

I ended up going to another motel, Travellodge in Bankstown, and they just took a copy of my visa for just in case. Much better as i wasn't out of pocket for a few days! The staff were also friendlier and more helpful.

Wouldn't recommend Rydges at Bass Hill. I travel to Sydney a lot so they've lost my business and everyone i know!

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank pink_sar8
Brett B, General Manager at Rydges Bankstown, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2011

Thank you for your review.

Across Rydges we have a strict credit policy in which we request a deposit ontop of the room amount for cash or debit card paying guests. Note: this process in not required with credit cards.

I apologise that this was not explained clearly at the time of booking and we have made some changes in our reservation team to enesure this is done in the future.

Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 20 September 2011

I forgot to say that i had problem with this hotel.. I tried to book direct via Rydges website but was receiving error messages & it wasn't working.
(So i booked a room in their hotel via another website called Not one night. )
But what happened is, if their website didnt seem to work for ME, it was working for THEM.. they noticed 2 rooms had been booked (same name, same date) on their website) so they cancelled 1 booking. They obviously noticed sth was wrong.. But i NEVER received a booking confirmation.
I only got one after booking a room at Not One Night. There was also no deposit or booking fee charged in advance. So i couldnt guess anything at all. It's when I checked my bank account (after my trip in Sydney) that i noticed i had been charged from this hotel, and i didnt understand WHY as i had paid at the reception desk. It is my boyfriend who insisted so that I receive a full refund and he really had to fight to get one, when it was their fault if their website wasnt working properly. I hope it makes sense. But my advice if you try to book a room via their website and if it says 'error', call them to make sure no room is booked!

Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review .

Our E-Commerce department has fixed the error messages on the website. I apologise for the inconvenience that this caused you.

I still encourage all our customers to booking via the Rydges Website it quickest to book and if you join our RPG program you receive 10% off the rate. Plus 20% off Food & Beverage whilst staying in the hotel.

Reviewed 6 September 2011

I have stayed at Rydges twice prior to running the Hidden Half Marathon. I found the hotel to be very comfortable with modern rooms. I got a relaxed night's sleep before my race.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo

Thank you for your review and positive feedback. I trust that your Marathon went well.

We are finding more and more people are staying at hotels like Rydges Bankstown when special events, like the Marathon, are on in Sydney. Our prices are much lower and we are only 25 minutes by car from the city. Plus we have the benefit of complimentary parking.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 5 September 2011

The hotel is not actually in Bankstown, its in Bass Hill, about 5 kms away.
Good sized bed and room with quite location. The restaurant was good and well priced. McDonalds is next door if needed.
Car parking seemed safe beside the hotel. Nice entre area and bar area. Pool but too cold this time of year.
Beds were good and comfy. About 30 mins from the airport via M5

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback, I am glad you enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Brett Barlow

Reviewed 8 August 2011

Very nice hotel catered to everything I needed staff are very customer service orientated and the bed was brilliant !!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
The_Hotel_Team, General Manager at Rydges Bankstown, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2011

Thank you for your positive feedback and the hotel team look forward to welcoming you back in October.

Wayne Woods

Mercure Sydney Liverpool
#3 of 10 in Liverpool
Meriton Suites George Street, Parramatta
Ibis Styles Sydney Lansvale

Been to Rydges Bankstown? Share your experiences!