Best Western Balan Village Motel Nowra
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewschinese restaurantrooms are cleanlarge roomvillage motelbasic breakfastacross the roadnights accommodationwould stay here againgood sizegreat stopjervis baythe air conditioningfree wificonvenient locationovernight stoproad tripgreat room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Room was quiet, spacious, almost apartment size with a separate room for the double bed. Probably to big for a single traveller. The staff were friendly and very helpful. It was clean, comfortable and great value for the price. The only thing that spoiled it was the cockroach in the kitchen.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 April 2013

Stayed at this motel as we were attending a function at Nowra Gold Club which was a short taxi fare away. Staff were friendly and helpful and room was clean and comfortable. If you want a cheap breakfast, McDonalds is directly across the road

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Graham2181
Reviewed 29 January 2013

i booked on line for an over night stay with my son on our way to a sports carnival, the service was friendly, the room was neat, clean, tidy and comfortable with a modern bathroom. Great value for the price.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Bronwyn E
Reviewed 14 December 2012

We booked this motel for an overnight stay mid-week. It seemed a reasonable tariff for a Best Western, which we have used many times before both in Australia and in Italy, and have had good experiences with. The room was spacious although, like many these days, poorly lit. Trouble started when my wife went into the bathroom and saw a spider scurrying across the ceiling and a cockroach running across the floor. I hit both with a newspaper and immediately went to the reception and asked for a can of insect spray. "The cockroaches fly in," I was told. "All the rooms have them." Armed with my trusty can, I went back and during the evening we killed four more roaches in the bathroom. We were glad we had not booked at the restaurant. As all the windows were closed, we had serious doubts that they just "fly in". The flat-screen TV looked good but reception on several channels was poor. The air conditioner was an old Kelvinator but did cool the room (noisily). It's a pity about the room, because the people who ran the motel were extremely helpful (not to the extent, though, of knocking something off the price because of the cockroaches). All in all, a poor experience for a Best Western brand. We would not stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Surferphil
Reviewed 28 October 2012

I booked on line, clearly showing 4 adults requiring one standard room for 1 male and a deluxe room to accomodate 3 women [mother and 2 sisters].
when we arrived the owner had prepared 2 rooms, one with double bed and then other with queen size bed. even though my booking receipt showed 4 adults he had not read his data and assumed there were only 2 adults.
I explained my situation and was told 'that is what it looks like on the internet but that's not what we do, that's not what really happens". No effort was being made to solve my problem - a male to sleep in the standard room and 3 females in the deluxe. relcutantly the owner put himself out and offered to provide a fold up bed. he delivered this to our larger room, with a towel and bed lined but no pillow nor another cup/glass etc [only 2 provided].
the onwer would be better advised, in my opinion , to seek assistance in the recption duties and fulfil some other duties himself as dealing with the general public and problem solving are not his strong skill set.

Room Tip: i feel good luck is what is required
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family