“Cosy and friendly”
Review of Captain Cook Hotel

Captain Cook Hotel
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed one night for transit with my 8yers old daughter.
Didn't realize it was actually a pub when I booked online.
Interesting though worried a bit but friendly and very helpful Dave welcomed us warmly when arrived by taxi (7min). I enjoyed lovely bistro dinner and beer in our room. Chefs were friendly and cheerful too. Cafes and shops even supermarket along the street was very convenient.
Only traffic noise disturbed me but I would stay there again in future.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank chibichanchan

Reviewed 5 July 2014

There is lots about this hotel that is great with one negative and that is the noise. Food was great, lovely room (we were fortunate to be in a back room so no traffic noise) and well priced being so close to the Airport. Another plus was being able to pre book and then pay in cash which is almost impossible anywhere else. Plus the staff were fab.

The patrons in the beer garden were crazy loud and smoking which filtered up, once they left at midnight it was a 100% better but then barrels were delivered at 5am.

So if you have trouble sleeping this would be a problem but i would definitely stay there again on a weekday when I'm sure it would be quieter!

Room Tip: Ask for room 10!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Newport54
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Stayed one night for work.
The positives: Wanted to be close to the airport for an early flight. The room was clean and modern. The staff were very friendly and the bar had a nice atmosphere. My meal was very nice and the others I saw looked great as well.

The negatives: The bed was a little short. I'm 6 foot and my feet were at the end of the bed. From my room I could also hear the planes taking off and the road noise started around 5am.

Other: I stayed on a Wed night and the noise settled around 8-9pm but I suspect thurs, fri sat nights would be a lot noisier. Easy to find a car park on the street behind after 4-430pm. All in all a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Bring ear plugs if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank HarFin68
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We were in room 1 which is right on Botany Rd. Sleep was impossible due to the traffic noise.
There are rooms not facing Botany Rd but were refused a quieter room for our second night when we asked. We also asked if we could have a refund so that we could change hotels but that was not possible either. We were there as part of a group - they had much quieter rooms but had all the cigarette smoke from the downstairs smoking area.
Was annoyed that our room rate was the same as the quiet rooms given sleep is impossible after 5 am in Room 1.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Colleen H
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Convenient location if transiting through Sydney via airport. Taxi to airport around $20. Quiet area and comfortable accom. Hosts very helpful and accomodating. Rooms have ensuites and are clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank gadabout111
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Good friendly reception. Room was clean. The bed springs were completely sunken on one side of the Queen size mattress. You could see it even without lying on it - impossible to sleep on. The other side was fine so ok for one person.
The room is very noisy if you're looking for an early nights' sleep - quietens down closer to midnight. Excellent location, close to the airport, great places to eat and good service by staff.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Frank G
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Friendly staff, reasonable prices both in accommodation, drinks and food. This is our fifth stay at the pub. Very close to ther airport. Very comfortable and clean rooms.If you need transport into the city there is a bus stop in the main street not far from Captain Cook Hotel.We will be sure to stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robyn W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Botany
Travelodge Hotel Sydney Airport
Ibis Budget St Peters
#1 of 1 in St Peters
1 mi away
Ibis Budget Hotel Sydney Airport

Been to Captain Cook Hotel? Share your experiences!