“Home from home”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

JamesSout...
Southport
“Home from home”
Reviewed 15 February 2009 for a stay in January 2009

From the moment you arrive Amanda and Zack ensure that you are made to feel like one of the family.
Our room was set up beautifully when we arrived.
Nothing was too much trouble – tea/coffee when needed, a warm fire glowing in the lounge after a tiring day, fantastic breakfast/dinner in the most relaxing surroundings.
Set in superb countryside Casa La Celada only a short drive from numerous interesting villages, mountains and lakes.
I would recommend Casa La Celada to anyone who wants to get away from the stresses and strains of modern life.
PS – Great little restaurant is ten minutes walk away (back down to the main road) , you can sit in the fire place (it is about 15 feet across) and eat excellent food which is very reasonably priced.

Visit was for: Leisure
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Charlie R
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“What a fantastic guest house!”
Reviewed 29 November 2008 for a stay in September 2007
person found this review helpful

My wife and I spent a few days in September, as guests of Amanda Hamilton in her lovely home Casa la Celada

As world wide travellers we are pretty experienced at what we want when we are on holiday,what we expect to pay, and how we expect to be treated. I have to say that this guest house exceeded our expectations in all areas.

From the moment we arrived, although never having met Amanda before, we felt privileged to be there. Anne said to me, "I feel as if I am visiting a close friend, the place is so homely and the welcome so warm".

After a long drive from Madrid we arrived at the beautiful Andalucian Guesthouse. We were shown, not to the room we had booked, but upgraded to the "honeymoon suite". The accomodation was luxurious, with quality furniture, decoration and furnishings, an en-suite bathroom with separate walk in shower, double handbasins and mirrors, the best of soaps, toiletries etc, and a large bath complete with jacuzzi. Instead of the 5 star chocolate on the pillow, our bed had two beautiful flowers and a box of luxury chocolate truffles!

After freshening up we were welcomed with an excellent bottle of rosada, a table full of delicious home made tapas, finishing off with some quality local malaga wine.

The breakfasts each morning were again top class and nothing we wanted was ever too much trouble.

There is a roof top terrace complete with large open air spa tub, and phenomanal views of the surrounding hills and olive farms.

Casa La Celada is a pretty and luxurious villa offering B&B, Guest House Accommodation or Self Catering in Córdoba, Southern Spain.

I would recommend anyone to pay Amanda a visit, I guarantee you will not be disapointed.

Check-in / front desk Service
Liked best: The luxury and welcome
Liked least: having to leave
Visit was for: Quality time with family
Your age range 50-64
houseofba...
London, UK
“Peaceful, relaxing and rural”
Reviewed 2 November 2008 for a stay in October 2008

It's rare to find somewhere you genuinely love staying; more often you find somewhere that's good enough, and the location and the feeling of being away are sufficient. Casa La Celada is something different; a true home from home in a stunning part of rural Andalucia.

We'd both been very busy at work before arranging our trip, and needed somewhere that would allow us to relax on a roof terrace, but also to strike out on our own as walkers and enjoy the surrounding landscape. From the word go, we got what we needed.

On arrival, we got a genuinely warm welcome from a host who appears to have the knack of knowing what guests want, and how to tailor her approach to their needs. For us, this meant Amanda providing a lot of local knowledge, arranging some transport (we're non-drivers), printing maps we found online, and a whole range of thoughtful little extras. This went on throughout the stay, and it's fair to say that her help made a very significant difference to the quality of our stay.

A few have commented that you need a car to stay in La Celada. If you want to trek out to Granada and Cordoba, then it's certainly essential. But as enthusiastic but certainly not expert walkers we were able to make the location work for us perfectly; in the evenings we could walk down the hill to Iznájar for dinner (you'll need a torch - but there's no light pollution, which means you get to gaze at the stars). In the day, you can walk locally, or arrange transport to get you to the GR7 in Rute, or other walks in the Sierra Subbética (which, incidentally, is a wonderful place to walk, although you'll need a map on the GR7 as the waymarks aren't up to much).

The highest recommendation you can give anywhere is that you're looking forward to going back, and we'll certainly be going back to Casa La Celada.

Check-in / front desk Service
Liked best: The welcome, everything thereafter
Liked least: The shortness of the stay...
Visit was for: Romantic getaway
Geordie01...
Hampshire
“Ideal for walking and exploring”
Reviewed 14 October 2008

Casa la Celada, nr to Iznajar - set among olive groves in a small pretty village with church, school, shop and bar. Ideal for walking or exploring towns in the regions of Cordoba and Granada. Hostess Amanda, makes you feel at home from the moment you arrive, lovely accommodation with rooftop commanding stunning views and hot-tub. Only bed and breakfast but close to good reasonable eating establishments.

pipsqueak...
New York
“Wonderufl experience”
Reviewed 8 October 2008 for a stay in September 2008

My wife and I spent four wonderful nights at Casa La Celada. It was a very enjoyable and relaxing trip - the local scenery is beautiful and the views from the roof-top deck are stunning.

It was the perfect way to forget about our everyday worries and soak up the peaceful rhythms of the Andalucian countryside.

We drove to some lovely hill-top villages and also visited Malaga and Cordoba (which are only an hour and a half by car).

The locals are VERY friendly.

Check-in / front desk Service
Liked best: The serenity and the service
Liked least: You need a car
Management Response
30 Oct 2008
In response for any potential guests who require business facilities, we offer any support needed. The house has WiFi which is at no extra cost, we have a photocopier, scanner, printer and the ability to do small secretarial work where needed. Our location is ideal for a relaxed business gathering, but we do not have a conference room! A very comfortable kitchen with huge table has to date sufficed!

I would also like to say that we are not one and a half hours from Málaga or Córdoba - in fact the journey time stated was because we went together the very long way round via Zuheros ... I comfortably reach both cities and Granada in an hour without breaking the speed limit :)
_Jennnnnn...
London, United Kingdom
“Beautiful rural Spanish getaway”
Reviewed 17 September 2008 for a stay in August 2008

I stayed here with my mother in August 08 and I have to say it was everything I hoped for and more. Amanda was more hospitable than I think I've ever experienced and I think it was her who made our stay so relaxing and easy. I would recommend this place to anyone who wanted a quiet getaway at a great price and with a lovely host. The house is beautifully presented and breakfast was fantastic. The view from the hot tub is sensational too. Well done Amanda - you've done a great job!

Location Cleanliness
Liked best: The host and location
Liked least: I can't think of anything to put here
Visit was for: Hobbies / interest / culture
Travelling group: Other
Your age range 25-34
chazzaBen...
Benalmadena
“Out of this world... Rural Spain as it should be.”
Reviewed 1 July 2008 for a stay in March 2008

Synchronicity is a wonderful thing! One day I am home tapping on my computer looking for new friends in Spain – the next I am transported into the most lavish scenery…

Amanda is one of those people who has the effect of making you feel as if you have known her for years in an instant. She is a social chameleon who could make a King or pauper feel at ease. It does help we have a few things in common too, something I was very excited about, such as a fascination in all things spiritual & a love of all things natural & authentic - as opposed to today’s shallow God’s of commerciality and opportunism. (We have both had a taste of a different lifestyle and realised it was hollow & there had to be another way).

She was living the dream. It had not come easy either, (and nor should it!) lots of hard work, much networking (isn’t the internet a wonderful thing for that) and little by little the winning over of the naturally suspicious locals - who in the end, of course were also succumbed by her sheer enthusiasm and charm.

Me, I am a coward! I since moved to Spain to a part that resembles Blackpool and gradually try to learn the Spanish ways (mostly from the English which is a ridiculous plan as I am now finding out); which is why I have even more admiration for a woman who as a hard-working single mom, finds the most tranquil of havens in a place far from the bustle of noisy cities, throws herself at the areas mercy and gets back to a gentle, authentic life that most of us Brit’s can only read about.

The drive up to the village was breathtaking. Rolling hills, lakes and countryside that present the sort of stunning imagery you would expect to find in National Geographica Magazine. Such beauty hardly seems real.

As you pass the various traditional villages and their Spanish inhabitants, you can sense the calm or “tranquilla” as they call it. It is in the groups of old men, sat with their flat caps on benches discussing nothing more harrowing than local politics or the price of a donkey, in tones that at first, to the untrained ear seem exciteable. It is with the youngsters who have no need of reality TV, binge drinking and violence who hang around in small clusters and naively plot their escape to the larger cities. It is with the cows in the fields, much larger than our own, who can hardly be bothered to chew or walk. And at night, when the skies are much darker, without the manmade light pollution, it is in the rhythmic sound of the Cigarra’s and other insects that shrill out the percussion of the land.

Amanda’s home / guest house is a special blend of homely yet stylish. This historical building has been given an interior that blends rustic charm, with a touch of luxury. It gives the impression of being regal but at the same time inviting. I stayed in a room that had a four poster bed and felt very much at home. The locals who have overcome their natural suspicion of foreigners (mostly I am certain due to Amanda’s own natural approach) are welcoming and quickly show a smile if even a few Spanish words are attempted, for remember this is not Brit ex-pat land – Benidorm or some other colonised location, this is deep, true authentic rural Spain.

There are many things locally to be admired; views of old buildings & ruins, quaint unspoilt villages, restaurants with true Spanish dishes, bursting with locally grown and naturally organic vegetables (and not a Tescos for miles!).

I enjoyed a local market which presented an opportunity to mix with many different characters selling homemade jams & jewellery. Their was a perceptible yet gentle excitement & energy around the stalls that made the experience refreshing & uplifting - unlike UK shopping, there was no need to shop till you drop or flex your plastic like a lunatic to enjoy such a simple, colourful, stimulating pleasure.

I was in heaven the whole holiday.

Two words for my stay:

OTHER WORLDLY…

Check-in / front desk Service
Liked best: A ship is only as good as it's captain, Amanda is truly an inspiration! She makes the stay amazing & the place as well as it's surroundings are truly awesome!
Liked least: Having to leave : (
Visit was for: Other
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing