“Family Holiday with kids all in there 20’s 🙄”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

German first
Any
Steve L
Cheshire, United Kingdom
“Family Holiday with kids all in there 20’s 🙄”
Reviewed 15 July 2018 for a stay in July 2018

Hi we booked here as we had never done a holiday in the hills by the lakes in inland Spain... and oh what have we been missing

Firstly Casa Le Celada is a fab place as a base for the family with a roof top terrace and hot tub

Next door a local has converted his lounge to a bar which is used by the locals but you are made very welcome even put the last games of the World Cup on for us this is called Vecinal La Celada

A car is a must however if you are a walker there is a fab charcoal restaurant within a 20min walk Meson El Charcon where we ate last night and it was fab

Iznájar is about a 50min walk with some bars restaurants and a beach on the lake and a municipal pool with bar we’re still checking this out but so far it’s been ace and the locals are so friendly.... we’re loving it

It’s a different holiday and your seeing the real Spain away from the over crowded tourist areas... it is Ace

Thanks Steve

Ps and the gin measures there are none

16 Jul 2018
Dear Steve! How fantastic that you donned your walking boots and made the effort to enjoy the countryside! I have walked to Iznajar and back a few times but usually only in the winter so I don't get too hot. You're a superstar doing that - and great to know the distances.

We love Bar El Charcon - the portions are enormous - usually plenty of "doggy bag" remainders too for snacks the next day.

Delighted that Juan and Francisco looked after you for the footie - and that you found the delights of inland Spain to be even more than you hoped.

A whole new perspective on Gin has been noted!!

All love, and if you'd ever like to go again we always offer mates rates to our returning guests.

Best wishes,

Amanda, Claire and the team
Jade S
“Wonderful villa”
Reviewed 25 June 2018 for a stay in June 2018
person found this review helpful

We bid on Casa La Celada in an auction for our local charity. As luck would have it, the booking fell over my 30th birthday. I couldn’t of wished for a better week or experience! The villa is gorgeous, very peaceful and wonderful views. Amanda and Claire are so lovely and accommodating. Claire helped my other half arrange a surprise private boat trip and also a private catering company called “Exclusive Dining Iznájar” to visit the villa and entertain me and my 8 friends. Which was 12 dishes of incredible food!

I would highly recommend Casa La Celada to all friends and family and I would love to arrange a trip back.

16 Jul 2018
Dear Jade,

We loved helping you celebrate your 30th birthday! Claire and her team are just amazing at making our guests feel special so I will make sure she knows what a great time you had.

You are welcome back anytime - just let me know. We offer very great deals to returning customers!

All very best wishes,

Amanda, Claire and the team x
Carol B
“Cozy and comfortable”
Reviewed 12 May 2018 for a stay in March 2018

House rental of one week was purchased through charity auction in Texas (USA).
House was not quite the “luxury” villa we were expecting based on description but very comfortable. We rented a car and had a lovely time making day trips around the countryside. Location was convenient for 1-2 hour drives to other locations such as Ronda, Malaga, Córdoba and more. Claire’s recommendations for restaurants and home chef were spot on - loved the Irish pub in Iznajar! However, we were surprised that the house was not actually in the town of Iznajar but in what I would call a neighboring subdivision; therefore, don’t expect to walk to anything in town from the house (about a 10 minute drive).

We arrived during a very wet week. We were told we were one of the 1st guests of the holiday season. Upon arrival we were trapped inside the house with Claire because the front door was swollen shut. (The only other exit from the house was on the 2nd & 3rd floors which did not have access to ground unless you jumped). Fortunately after some searching we found a claw hammer in the storeroom. It was used to pry the lock on the door open. We were told they had noticed the door was swollen because of the rains and had shaved a bit off prior to our arrival but apparently it was not enough and that they would do some more ASAP. This never happened during our weeklong stay and we had to use the hammer EVERYTIME we wanted to exit the house. Power went out several times and we learned how to reset the breakers. Considering this happens often (as we were told), there should have been candles and/or flashlight somewhere in the house. We never got to use the hot tub; we tried but water was just too chilly. We assumed it never warmed up enough because of the power fluctuations.

Internet- in the rental agreement under “property management” we read that there was “free WiFi”. Quite taken aback to learn the house does NOT have internet. Yes, we were on vacation, but my husband still needed to be connected to office. Upon looking further in the rental agreement (17 pages) it is stated there is NO internet.

We submitted our bank information for our house deposit to be returned to us as an international wire transfer. Many emails ensued regarding the transaction. From what we could gather, the information that was provided directly from our bank did not seem to be sufficient for the transaction. This was in addition to the time Amanda gave to handling this business transaction. The deposit was finally completed nearly 4 weeks later (not 14 days from email as stated in rental agreement). We were told our bank “charged an absolute fortune”. In visiting with our banker, we were informed that they do NOT charge any fees on incoming transactions, only outgoing. When the transaction cleared our bank, the deposit total was considerably less than what we had submitted in cash for our house deposit. We can only assume that the bank fees that were referred to were deducted from our deposit! Since were never informed that we were being charged for anything regarding house and that it was being deducted from deposit; we were expecting 100% of our damage deposit to be returned.

PLEASED with the house and our travel experiences around the countryside.
DISPLEASED with the lack of professionalism that Amanda presents in her emails (our only form of communication). We have rented many vacation properties over the years through VRBO and Airbnb.

13 May 2018
Dear Carol,

I am really sad that you appear to have had the most dreadful experience. I cannot apologise enough.

From what I can ascertain from Claire, the weather was simply horrendous - something I can only apologise for again.

The unprecedented rainfall caused a swelling of the front door. I have only once had this experience in over 10 years so the waterfall must have been torrential. But I must reassure you and anyone reading this that there is a back door through our garage which can also be used. There genuinely is no need to jump from first or second floors at any time, I assure you.

I can only assume that as you say, because of the severe weather there were consequent power problems for the whole village. Claire tells me it was more extreme than anything she has ever known, so by all accounts your holiday was never going to be the picture perfect stay we would all have wished for you.

Regarding the deposit issue, I feel I should make mention of the fact that the initial payment for the holiday was short by 50€ and that your charity organiser agreed that that money would come from the 250€ damage deposit. Claire told me in the midst of the dreadful weather she simply forgot to remind you that your deposit had been agreed to be 300€ instead of 250€ and so I deduced the remaining 50€ from the refund.

In the subsequent drama of trying to get the money to you I forgot to remind you that this had been agreed for which I apologise, entirely my error.

The bank issue was caused by three key things happening : your bank didn't provide an IBAN number in the first instance but the account came on a day when I was going away for 5 days. By the time I returned and asked for the IBAN number we were already past the 14 day deadline. We transferred funds over but they were rejected by your bank. The third thing then happened - it was a Bank Holiday in the UK which then triggered your bank's "4 day return policy" which I was told meant that if a problem isn't resolved after 4 days they return the money wherever in the world that is, thus costing both of us on the exchange rate. We then re-transferred the money with the correct account details and all was well, but it did take an absurd amount of time - longer than any of us would prefer and it cost me personally £50 to effect the transfer which negated the monies offered. Another time with American customers we will return the deposit there and then, in euros, as it has now posed a problem twice which tells us it is potentially an issue every time.

I am sorry if your charity didn't pass on that there was a payment anomaly, I really am. I am also sorry that it wasn't made clear that there is no WiFi - it has never been a problem before because most of our customers either have machines that are connected 24/7 or are simply delighted to be without WiFi in our home.

I will ask Claire to make it very obvious in our Rental Agreement which I do agree is arduously long but it is a legal obligation levied on us under the guidance of the local Spanish Police who do love lots of pages.

We absolutely do our best to make everyone's experience as beautiful as we can but clearly from your point of view it wasn't good enough for which we are all very sorry and sad. You review has significantly damaged our rating so that tells us very clearly just how much you didn't enjoy your stay.

We will be removing the door at personal expense (Casa La Celada raises money for charity and pays local women to clean for us - nobody actually "profits" from this property as such) so that this never happens again. There will be a review of where the torches and candles are placed. The fact that we are a peaceful wifi free zone will be made more evident on the documentation and all families will be clearly shown how to use both front and back doors. That the house is in a quiet village with shop, bar, restaurant, playground, olive mill, daily food deliveries and a weekly pop up market rather than in the centre of Iznajar will make us review the beautiful pictures that we use to be more reflective of the village itself. The hot tub is serviced twice a year and so I can only imagine that that was exactly as you say, a power issue.

For all the horrors that you have experienced, I am really pleased to see that you did enjoy the house and found it to be comfortable - it was my home with my son for 5 years and we absolutely loved living there ... I'm thrilled that Claire's recommendations were as ever "spot on" - she is a real treasure to us and does everything in her power to make peoples' stay seamless and lovely. I'm delighted that you had some wonderful and far reaching trips around Andalucia - having come from so far away I am so happy that you took yourself on some lovely adventures and experienced our beautifully scenic countryside.

Again, I can't do more than apologise for the things that didn't work and reassure you that we are completely on the case with all these things.

With very best wishes,

Amanda & the whole team
Excursion...
“Beautiful home”
Reviewed 9 May 2018 for a stay in April 2018

We had a fab time at Casa La Celada. As a group of 8 friends, we bid on the house as it was in the auction which my charity runs each year. Amanda offers a great incentive for all charities if they so wish. There was plenty of room in the house for all of us to have time out. In fact we never even used the lounge because we had enough room everywhere else.

The King Size bedroom which I had was lovely, although a little dark. YOu need to keep the blinds down as it faces directly onto the street. Its a lovely little village, with the local shop to get fresh bread from each morning just literally a 10 second walk. The weather was awful whilst we were there so we were grateful for our hired cars and therefore we never got to the beach and experienced the sports there. We did drive into Andulucia which is an absolutely beautiful town to be in .

I would definitely love to go back to Casa La Celada, but hopefully in drier weather.

13 May 2018
Thank you so much for sharing your time with us here on Trip Advisor :) I do know what you mean about the sitting room not often being used as the house is just so big! I will look into getting some net curtains for that master room with Claire's help - that's a lovely point you make. Thank you. And I'm just so sorry on behalf of the weather - by all accounts it was simply unprecedented.

We offer special rates to our returning customers so that you know.

With all very best wishes,

Amanda and the whole team.
Roxanne H
“Beautiful home with stunning views”
Reviewed 9 March 2018 for a stay in August 2017

What a beautiful house. The views are absolutely stunning from the rooftop terrace - drink them in from the hot tub which was used frequently throughout our stay. The roof terrace also has a covered seating area which we used every day for all our meals - the huge table in the kitchen didn't get a look in! The kitchen was very well equipped with everything you could possibly need, and all rooms were very tastefully decorated. The village is very quiet and peaceful with a locals bar next door to get you truly into the spanish culture! Surrounding areas are lovely, but you'll need a car to make the most of your time here.

11 Mar 2018
Thank you so much for your lovely words We do everything we possibly can to make peoples' stay in rural Spain special and it means the world for it to be so appreciated If you ever want to come back or recommend to a friend, we do very special mates rates ❤️

Amanda, Claire and all the unsung heroes that help
Alistair...
Lesmahagow
“Very relaxing holiday”
Reviewed 5 March 2018 for a stay in July 2017

Was a great base and loved the Jacquzi for getting back to the villa and chilling out.

Small lake near by was a good destination for the kids.

6 Mar 2018
I'm wondering which Lake you went to that was the small one Alistair!! So glad you loved the house as a base for seeing the area. Hope to see you again soon.

All love,

Amanda and Claire
Jennifer...
“Great week in the sun”
Reviewed 5 March 2018 for a stay in June 2017

We originally booked this villa at a Charity auction in November and ended up booking a week in June the following year. We had a picture perfect week with not a cloud in the sky and ample space for the 8 of us who stayed. This really is the place for a relaxing quiet week in the sun with the nearby lake and town providing nice days out and we spent one day in Cordoba as well.

Recommend a car as an essential and easy to pick up and drop off at Malaga airport.

Would highly recommend :)

7 Mar 2018
Thank you so much for your lovely words Jen - it was a joy to host you and anytime you want to return, mates rates definitely apply! Amanda, Claire and the team x
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing