“Potential aplenty”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 21 July 2013

We ended up at Demazzi by default as the previous restaurant wanted to seat us in the children's area in seats much like McDonalds.

We arrived without a booking and fortunately they found my wife and I a table. It was reasonably full when we arrived, and we were seated next to a large group with children, who although behaving well, kind of took away the restaurant feel for us as we have 4 children of our own we didn't need to listen to other kids when we do get out together. We asked to move and that went without issue.... Menu is nice and not too adventurous with offerings from risotto to aged steaks.

Its a nicely light dining room, and noise is above average, but not too obtrusive.

Service is brisk and cheerful.

Steaks start from $35 so it's up there in terms of pricing. I have no issue with the pricing, but to eat without table cloths, paper napkins. My dilemma is..... Is it a cafe or restaurant ? A bit confusing ?

On to the food..... I had the prawns, my wife the steak.... Both served raw with a searing hot stone to cook your food to your liking. Loved it. Nice theme, and well executed.

My garlic prawns (12) were fresh but a little bland, and were in desperate need of seasoning. Garlic sauce required a lot more "bang" in terms of garlic flavour, but that is my taste. All diners still should be offered sea salt and cracked pepper regardless......with a top up of any choice of sauce if required. My wife's steak was fantastic. Sides were disappointing ,scarce & cold but tasty enough.

Sides of sauce not served with the meal were $3 extra which for a serving of approximately 50ml is on the very high side and was nice but not spectacular for the price and most restaurants at this price level just offer it for free.

The host is a lovely guy who wants you to understand how to cook your meal for the best results and seems to be a "hands on owner" with his son in the kitchen as chef, and daughter one of the waitresses.

For dessert we shared a sticky date pudding.... Simply beautiful. Topped with what looked like home made or premium ice cream( if it is home made then say it) the dessert was a great finale.

Wine was fairly priced at $ 38 for a bottle of Sauvignon blanc.

Would I go back....... Yes..... But I hope they make it more of a restaurant feel rather than cafe and the floor staff understand its not best to sit a couple next to a group of six adults with eight children, even if they are well behaved as it takes away from the experience.

Coffee was offered, but not taken.

Hope it helps.

Reviewed 9 June 2013 via mobile

Had breakfast here for the last four mornings. Good menu selection with very tasty meals, great coffee and one of the best milkshakes I have ever had.

Reviewed 20 March 2013

good place to grab a pizza. they are always friendly and glad to see ya. good prices, and i believe they will deliver if you want. never have been disapointed so far.

Reviewed 20 January 2013

The meat was good, the sides not really worthwhile. The service was good and attentive, and coffee and cakes very tasty.

Reviewed 12 November 2012

Lovely meal in a great atmosphere, quite full on weekends so bookings essential. Highlight was the desserts, not a bad one amongst the selection. Stone grill cooking of meat creative and great. Pasta's were excellent, serving size (mains) for short pasta like penne or gnocchi smaller sizes for price yet longer pasta dishes like tagliatelle are better size servings (otherwise would have rated higher. The waitresses are very quick and the food service is quick from the chef's who seem to be very busy pumping the food out at high quality.