“Extremely disappointing”
Review of Aqua Spa Retreat

Aqua Spa Retreat
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Turned up for my scheduled appointment to find the place closed! Lights on but door locked with nobody present. Phone number on sandwich board out front and on window disconnected. Thinking I dodged a bullet anyway with all the awful reviews on here.
Terrible customer service trying to book the appointment in the first place.

5  Thank Amy M

Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Ten minutes into my massage, the therapist leaves the room and returns ten minutes later asking me if I can change rooms because the lady next to me is cold. I reply no cause I'm cold too. She replies that the lady has a baby and asks how far I live!!!! Well I have a baby too and you want me to get dressed and go home!!! I said no. So frustrated.Mind you the room was freezing and I had 4 towels over me. My facial was terrible. The product tube was cut in half .who knows how long it had been sitting there exposed to germs.there was no explanation just a sales pitch. She pur my mask on and left me laying there on the rock hard table with a sore lower back for over 40 minutes. She didn't return. I got dressed and went to reception and complained. Terrible. Shut this business down.

5  Thank Helen P
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Agree to most of the posts regarding this day spa. Used to go to this venue prior to being taken over by new owner and was so disappointed. I purchased a scoopon voucher which consisted of a one hour massage and 30 min facial. What I got was 40 min massage and less than 10 min facial with the masseur leaving the room for over 15-20 mins. The place is loud, the girls all stand near the staff kitchen and gas bag, use their mobile phones throughout treatment, wipe their noses and then proceed to continue massaging without cleaning hands.....so disappointing, clearly the new owner is in the game for a quick $$, and lacks the capacity to provide the service we the customer deserves. What's even more disappointing, is that the staff are prob fresh out of school and being taught that this is the standard of a professional masseur.

3  Thank Meags M
Reviewed 27 April 2014

When calling to book the massage I called at least 4 times and left messages and no reply, finally when someone called back they said there were no appointments for another 2 months.
I used a groupon massage for 2 that was supposed to go for 90 mins but went for about 70 mins, not including the 20 mins wait in the waiting room. My neck and back were hurting me a little before the massage and i was hoping that the massage would help relieve some of the tension, but instead i came out of there with even more pain in my back than before because the lady didn't seem to know what she was doing.
All it felt like she was doing was putting oil on me and rubbing it in, it felt the exact same as it feels when someone apples my sunscreen, there was no pressure at all and it wasn't even relaxing it was just frustrating. Me and my sister went together and were in the same room and the two therapists were giggling throughout the massage which made me feel uncomfortable and made me wonder if they were laughing at us.
During the facial she put a mask on and left me in the room for what felt like 20-25 minutes which i think was way too long, during this time my back was really sore from the uncomfortable massage tables and the heater was on full blast and i felt like i couldn't breathe and that i was going to pass out. They were gone for so long that I started to relax a bit but when they came back they randomly turned the light on really bright without notice and continued the rest of the facial with the light on and it was extremely bright and annoying.
At the end of the massage the two ladies got close to our ears and pretty much yelled out "finished!" in our ears which actually scared me because the room was so quiet. What a terrible way to end a massage. At the end of the massage you're supposed to feel nice and relaxed and get told quietly that its finished and that you can get changed, not have someone yell in your ear and scare you.
My sister said she didn't think it was that bad however I am older than her and have had many more massages than her, so she probably just doesn't know any different.

5  Thank Alessia V