My wife and me we had been already several times at the restaurant of "Santiago Bay", but stayed there for a couple of nights about 1 year ago. Well, my impression was that the rooms a quite overpriced for the offered comfort, compared to tourist hotels in tourist destinations in Southern Europe, but also in the Philippines. But one can say that for the most hotels in the Philippines. Fact is: There a lacking things which even cost no money or only few Pesos. Some time we missed a REAL cabinet to HUNG UP our jackets, shirts (so in "Santiago Bay") or Soap Holder or plastic curtain in the shower to avoid to make the whole CR weat.
But a few days ago we had something to celebrate and went to the restaurant with 2 Filipino friends. My wife and me where satisfied with the food, so it was not extraordinary, but obviously not one of our friends with the Pansit Canton he had ordered. He almost didn't touch the noodles, but he rather preferred to share my sizzling beef. As many Filipinos do he didn't complaine! We would have liked to get a special dessert, but except an Nestle ice cream from the Freezer and just fruits, there was nothing. That's poor.
After paying the bill and before we left, I had to go to the CR. And that shocked me: It was stinking, certainly not cleaned professionally and the toiled bowl was dirty, in fact already brownish coloured from not cleaning well and the water faucet outside was loose like it will break in every moment. My brother once gave me an advice: When he goes first time to a restaurant he checks first the CR. From the condition and cleanliness of the CR one can make direct conclusions to the condition of the whole place.
I find it positive, that the new manager now answers critics. But words are not enough. There must be actions. And as I mentioned already above: There are improvement which cost no money, e.g. cleanliness. As my wife and me we are living at the Camotes we will see after a while if promises are not only empty words.
Besides: The view is still beautiful (but that's not the merit of the staff) and to have a WIFI with a good connection now is not bad.
A word to the pool: There is a good reason that it's forbidden to jump in with clothes (T-Shirts, Jeans, Shorts), but what does it help if nobody cares and the regulation is not executed?
And the really last word: A miaowing and begging cat in the restaurant maybe look funny to some children guests, but to others it's just an harassment and unhygienic threat when they try to jump to tables and the bar counters.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of Camotes Islands, Santiago Bay Garden and Resort is an ideal spot from which to discover Cebu. Set 157.4 Km from the excitement of the city, this 3-star hotel commands an excellent location and provides access to the city's biggest attractions. With its convenient location, the hotel offers easy access to the city's must-see destinations. Offering hotel guests superior services and a broad range of amenities, Santiago Bay Garden and Resort is committed to ensuring that your stay is as comfortable as possible. To name a few of the hotel's facilities, there are meeting facilities, room service, restaurant, airport transfer, bicycle rental. Step into one of 51 inviting rooms and escape the stresses of the day with a wide range of amenities such as television, non smoking rooms, shower, balcony/terrace which can be found in some rooms. The hotel offers fantastic facilities, including pool (kids), outdoor pool, water sports (motorized), massage, garden, to help you unwind after an action-packed day in the city. Superb facilities and an excellent location make the Santiago Bay Garden and Resort the perfect base from which to enjoy your stay in Cebu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Santiago Bay Garden & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santiago Bay Garden And Resort
- Santiago Bay Garden Hotel San Francisco
- Santiago Bay Garden & Resort Camotes Islands/San Francisco