We already arrived at night after so much hassles of ferry booking going to Consuelo (too much commuters coz of public holiday). So these are some of what I can say about this resort:
- Resort is situated on a hilltop that will give you the best view of Santiago Bay (don't miss it during sunrise). If you want the same right in front of your room, you may opt for the pricier oceanview/bayview rooms. Other resorts and restos are also of close proximity nearby.
- Love the infinity pool just beside the restaurant. I think they have another one but missed it coz of lack of time.
- Dining in their restaurant w/ the overlooking view while you dine :) Their menus/entrees are just ok, though.
- Resort is spacious with tended gardens everywhere. It is like strolling in the park.
- Variety of beach activities to choose from.. but for a fee of course.
- The room we had for the night (oceanview room) is very basic yet clean and maintained. Airconditioning is also very cool.
- Fast check-in and check-out.
- Very weak water pressure from the tap.. esp in the morning.
- No water coming out of the shower in the shower room (pool area)
- Toiletries provided.. but none of bath towels in our oceanview room. We did not insist nor ask the staff about it coz we have our own anyway.. so it's not really a big deal. But how about for other guests?
- Front desk staffs seems unattentive to guests in front of them. Certain times they are busy chatting and you need to break it to call their attention.
- Lacks of courtesy from some staffs. Sometimes you will meet them along the way with expressionless face.
- They have the website. But either you received no reply when making inquiry or is becoming suddenly down. I managed to secure a booking only via a 3rd-party agent.
But overall, no major issues for me so far. Most are still tolerable (or it might be bec. that we didn't fully utilized the resort services that much that we did not see the entire picture?). Yet still, overall experience is good and still recommend the resort as one of the best.. esp if you are after the best location and scenic view in the island. And definitely, will give this resort another stop during next revisits of Camotes on future times.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of Camotes Islands, Santiago Bay Garden and Resort is an ideal spot from which to discover Cebu. Set 157.4 Km from the excitement of the city, this 3-star hotel commands an excellent location and provides access to the city's biggest attractions. With its convenient location, the hotel offers easy access to the city's must-see destinations. Offering hotel guests superior services and a broad range of amenities, Santiago Bay Garden and Resort is committed to ensuring that your stay is as comfortable as possible. To name a few of the hotel's facilities, there are meeting facilities, room service, restaurant, airport transfer, bicycle rental. Step into one of 51 inviting rooms and escape the stresses of the day with a wide range of amenities such as television, non smoking rooms, shower, balcony/terrace which can be found in some rooms. The hotel offers fantastic facilities, including pool (kids), outdoor pool, water sports (motorized), massage, garden, to help you unwind after an action-packed day in the city. Superb facilities and an excellent location make the Santiago Bay Garden and Resort the perfect base from which to enjoy your stay in Cebu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Santiago Bay Garden & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santiago Bay Garden Hotel San Francisco
- Santiago Bay Garden And Resort
- Santiago Bay Garden & Resort Camotes Islands/San Francisco