“Resort with the best view of the bay!!”

Santiago Bay Garden & Resort
Ranked #3 of 13 San Francisco B&B and Inns
Antipolo City, Philippines
“Resort with the best view of the bay!!”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We already arrived at night after so much hassles of ferry booking going to Consuelo (too much commuters coz of public holiday). So these are some of what I can say about this resort:
PROS:
- Resort is situated on a hilltop that will give you the best view of Santiago Bay (don't miss it during sunrise). If you want the same right in front of your room, you may opt for the pricier oceanview/bayview rooms. Other resorts and restos are also of close proximity nearby.
- Love the infinity pool just beside the restaurant. I think they have another one but missed it coz of lack of time.
- Dining in their restaurant w/ the overlooking view while you dine :) Their menus/entrees are just ok, though.
- Resort is spacious with tended gardens everywhere. It is like strolling in the park.
- Variety of beach activities to choose from.. but for a fee of course.
- The room we had for the night (oceanview room) is very basic yet clean and maintained. Airconditioning is also very cool.
- Fast check-in and check-out.
CONS:
- Very weak water pressure from the tap.. esp in the morning.
- No water coming out of the shower in the shower room (pool area)
- Toiletries provided.. but none of bath towels in our oceanview room. We did not insist nor ask the staff about it coz we have our own anyway.. so it's not really a big deal. But how about for other guests?
- Front desk staffs seems unattentive to guests in front of them. Certain times they are busy chatting and you need to break it to call their attention.
- Lacks of courtesy from some staffs. Sometimes you will meet them along the way with expressionless face.
- They have the website. But either you received no reply when making inquiry or is becoming suddenly down. I managed to secure a booking only via a 3rd-party agent.

But overall, no major issues for me so far. Most are still tolerable (or it might be bec. that we didn't fully utilized the resort services that much that we did not see the entire picture?). Yet still, overall experience is good and still recommend the resort as one of the best.. esp if you are after the best location and scenic view in the island. And definitely, will give this resort another stop during next revisits of Camotes on future times.

Room Tip: Oceanview/bayview rooms/chalets to see the expanse of the bay in different angle.. just right there...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank ILuvTravel713

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
cebu
Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

The pools were very inviting for children. The inflatable tarpuline on the open sea was really fun. We enjoyed walking the shoreline of santiago bay at night.

The restaurant staff were friendly and accomodating even though my children were coming back and forth to the pool while us enjoying the fresh air.

Our family room was great and clean. We will be back next year and spend more days.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank CJA2008
Cebu city
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Nice resort. My son really enjoyed the pool. You may have to go down stairs for the beach but it's alright since my son enjoyed running around. We really had fun here specially my son who made me promise to go back.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Raith P
Dumaguete City, Philippines
Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

After Mangodlong Resort, we went to this resort as well. It's in the cliff, so if you wanna swim in the beach, you need to go down. There are stairs though! Ha! Nice view from the pool. Entrance fee is P20. The good thing in this resort is that if you don't want to eat at their restaurant, there are few small resorts when you go down that offer great food. We both wished we could have just stayed at Santiago Bay, but it was still fun!

Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Coco D
Guangzhou, China
Reviewed 24 August 2013

The room, garden, view, pool are all nice, and service is friendly, too.
So as long as staying inside the resort, everything seems fine.
But the beach near the resort is a bit far away, not actually in front of our rooms, and the beach itself doesn't look like very attractive place, it was just a common beach can be found in Cebu, so I don't know whether it worth taking 2 hours long ferry ride...

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank buutan
San Francisco - Camotes
Reviewed 18 August 2013

My wife and me we had been already several times at the restaurant of "Santiago Bay", but stayed there for a couple of nights about 1 year ago. Well, my impression was that the rooms a quite overpriced for the offered comfort, compared to tourist hotels in tourist destinations in Southern Europe, but also in the Philippines. But one can say that for the most hotels in the Philippines. Fact is: There a lacking things which even cost no money or only few Pesos. Some time we missed a REAL cabinet to HUNG UP our jackets, shirts (so in "Santiago Bay") or Soap Holder or plastic curtain in the shower to avoid to make the whole CR weat.
But a few days ago we had something to celebrate and went to the restaurant with 2 Filipino friends. My wife and me where satisfied with the food, so it was not extraordinary, but obviously not one of our friends with the Pansit Canton he had ordered. He almost didn't touch the noodles, but he rather preferred to share my sizzling beef. As many Filipinos do he didn't complaine! We would have liked to get a special dessert, but except an Nestle ice cream from the Freezer and just fruits, there was nothing. That's poor.
After paying the bill and before we left, I had to go to the CR. And that shocked me: It was stinking, certainly not cleaned professionally and the toiled bowl was dirty, in fact already brownish coloured from not cleaning well and the water faucet outside was loose like it will break in every moment. My brother once gave me an advice: When he goes first time to a restaurant he checks first the CR. From the condition and cleanliness of the CR one can make direct conclusions to the condition of the whole place.
I find it positive, that the new manager now answers critics. But words are not enough. There must be actions. And as I mentioned already above: There are improvement which cost no money, e.g. cleanliness. As my wife and me we are living at the Camotes we will see after a while if promises are not only empty words.
Besides: The view is still beautiful (but that's not the merit of the staff) and to have a WIFI with a good connection now is not bad.
A word to the pool: There is a good reason that it's forbidden to jump in with clothes (T-Shirts, Jeans, Shorts), but what does it help if nobody cares and the regulation is not executed?
And the really last word: A miaowing and begging cat in the restaurant maybe look funny to some children guests, but to others it's just an harassment and unhygienic threat when they try to jump to tables and the bar counters.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Uncle K
santiagobay, General Manager at Santiago Bay Garden & Resort, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
Dear Uncle K.

let me apologize for your mixed experience here at our resort, and I will look into these matters with urgency.

However, we do clean our CR regularly and the brown water may be the result of brackish water pumped. All our rooms have shower curtains (I installed those immediately after I assumed my post), and I will find out why your room didn't have one.

I hope that you will visit us again soon and see whether I kept my 'promise'..

with warmest regards from Santiago Bay..

Aino Deutsch

Travellers are raving about these San Francisco hotels

Paranaque, Philippines
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Rooms are simple but clean, staff are okay, would suggest if they could be courteous enough by saying good morning or evening when they meet a customer. Bathroom is a bit small since there was a pillar blocking some space on it. All in all our stay was good.

Pros:
Resort have swimming pools
Nice Garden
Nice scenery

Cons:
low water pressure
there are not enough beach activity

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank tontoinks
santiagobay, General Manager at Santiago Bay Garden & Resort, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
Dear Tontoinks;

thank you for your comments, which are highly appreciated.
I am currently conducting a training program which focuses precisely on the issue of guest relations, which, of course, includes friendly demeanor (guest greetings), starting from the guest contact staff up to the gardeners and maintenance staff. Your comment certainly reinforces what I am teaching and I will use that comment in my lessons. Most of our staff are 'locals' (from Camotes) and they still need to adjust to the hospitality world.

We do have quite a number of 'beach activities', which are skim boards, snorkels and masks, trampolines (2) in the water, kayaks, jet skis, banana boat, Frisbee, badminton (some of these are free of charge).

Please let me know what other activities you would like to see.

Again, thank you and we do look forward welcoming you again soon.

Best regards

#9 of 17 in Camotes Islands
Swisslagoon Camotes
Swisslagoon Camotes
#2 of 13 in San Francisco

Been to Santiago Bay Garden & Resort? Share your experiences!