“Chinese with a twist”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Chinese with a twist”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Not cheap but large portions of tasty food and great service. More limited menu but more upmarket as well.

Visited April 2014

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Very nice”
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

I don't usually look forward to having Chinese in restaurants as greasy. Shared the Set Menu which was lovely. Prawn toast nicest I've ever had. Rotating table a good idea. Service fairly attentive. Some people have commented on staff but my view is they are just efficient without being over the top fake friendly. Would return if back in the area.

Teignmouth, United Kingdom
“Chinese how it used to be....”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We live locally and have often driven past Chi but have never actually made it through the front door until last weekend. Four of us visited on Saturday night and Chi was great, calmly efficient, friendly and best of all produced really tasty food at reasonable prices. We went for the set menu as it offered a nice range of options and it was a good choice. Lovely fresh ingredients, beautifully presented dishes and good portion sizes with plenty to go around. The satay sauce was just yummy and the mixed veg tasted just like the first Chinese I ever ate! Thank you Chi we will be back.

• Visited March 2014
Dawlish, United Kingdom
“Wow! Finally!!!!”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

We had been driving past Chi restaurant on a regular basis on our way to Exeter and I wanted someplace different for my birthday celebration this year. It was Chinese New Year, and as an American living here, the cuisine I miss most has been Chinese as it is prepared on the East Coast of the US. Chi comes as close in both food and atmosphere as it can get and also offers some Thai dishes as well.

The menu choice was difficult to decide on. I had the hot and sour soup (special that day), which was just as I had hoped. My husband had Thai fish cakes which he enjoyed. His main course of Thai red curry with tiger prawns was outstanding. I had the filet of beef with honey and black pepper which was tender and light. For dessert, I was presented with a flaming fruit dish as a lovely birthday treat.

The staff was delightful, pleasant and helpful. The owner came to our table several times. When you walk into the restaurant, you can view the kitchen at work, which is a nice touch because you can see how immaculate it is. The only drawback was a limited choice of cocktails. Only wine was available.

I can't wait to return!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank eveybp
Ottawa, Canada
“Romance”
Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

We have been here to eat on several occasion. We have never had a bad meal. The atmosphere is relaxed. The service is great. The pricing is not over the top. We are in the food trade ourselves and understand how are it is to please, this ticks all the boxes. Well deserved 5 out of 5

Visited March 2014