“Nearly 4 star.”

Spanish Inn Motor Lodge
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Strathfield
Spanish Inn Motor Lodge
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Strathfield
Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

All in all it's not as bad as the other reviews make it out to be. Maybe we just got a good room.

The only reasons I didn't give it a 4 are:

The single bed I was in was slightly broken, so I kept finding myself right on the edge of the bed.

There was a strong smell of something when we entered the room.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 6 November 2013

Paid A$159 for a $99 room! the room smelt of mould as soon as you opened the door. Relatively clean but shower cracked and leaking and no handle on the inside of the shower so water all over the floor. Staff were helpful. A long way from anywhere no restaurnats around to speak of apart from the one on the premises, ok but again not 4-star - probably only 3. Very disappointed:(

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2013

The Spanish Motor Lodge is clean and comfortable, but really doesn't live up to its advertised 4 Star rating. That said, it is reasonably good value if you are looking for a place to stay in the Strathfield area of Sydney. If you're a tourist interested in the main sights of Sydney, you really need to find something closer to the CBD or at least to a train station.

A basic breakfast is included in the tariff as is non-secure off-street parking. You can order a cooked breakfast at extra cost, and they also charge for WiFi access ($5 per hour) which in this day and age I believe should be included in the tariff.

I'll stay there again, because it suits my business needs in that area and represents reasonable value for money.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 April 2013

I DON'T KNOW WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING THEY MUST BE USED TO FANCY 5 STAR PLACES LIKE THE NOVOTEL, Me and my friend stayed here and we loved it when we checked-In the receptionist was lovely we had to split the bill and I was thinking she was going to get grumpy but she just kept smiling,
The room where clean (TV just needed a dust) it got cleaned everyday shower was huge you could fit 2 people in it at once, motel is so close to public transport direct in to the City CBD (George St),
only thing I would agree with the restaurant we was going to go there one night and it was closed but part from that its grate I would stay thre again and recommend to any one

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank AussieZach
Reviewed 23 April 2013

we stayed over the new years period asked for a no smoking room the first thing we get hit with a very strong stinking smell of smoke in the room but told no no it's def non smoking plus we can't move u anywhere no availability ( thu u can see most of the rooms not used)
the air condition was making awful noise and smelled disgusting
the bathroom was really old with tap dripping water constantly and the shower switched cold and hot water every 5 seconds
the bed side lamp wasn't working. the iron wasn't working. the power point wasn't covered and u could see all the wiring hanging out of the wall which freaked me out (i had a toddler with me)
the bed sheets were not clean u could see the stains on the blankets as well we had to request pillows 3 three times before we got any.
the carpet the couch were very dirty and u could smell a mold smell in the room our stay was supposed to be 8 days but I got a throat infection by day 2 so we were out by day 3 .
I would not recommend it to any one.

Room Tip: do pick any terrible and u'll end up with a random virus
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 November 2012

If you just want a convenient, clean hotel, this one does the trick. We were travelling with 2 young kids, their adjoining room as well as our own had its own (old, but working) TV, the window coverings kept the room dark enough to convince them to sleep in, and the bathroom was clean and bright. It is definitely only 2 and a half star, but great for a stop over. Staff were friendly and helpful too.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank kell m
Reviewed 16 November 2012

Stayed in this hotel in May, found the room very stuffy and dirty. Was only compelled to write this review after being charged for a room again 6 months after staying there even though I wasn't even in Sydney at the time! When I called to ask about the charge they were very unhelpful and just repeated that I had made a 30 day booking (which I would never do after my stay in May) which I had failed to come to so I was charged a dishonour fee- however they couldn't show me any evidence of this booking.

DO NOT STAY HERE!!