We went there for the first time this long weekend.
Here is what I love about Kim's:
- The View
'Position' is Kim's trump card. The view from our beachfront bungalow was second to none. We were right on the beach with an unobscured view, overlooking beautifully maintained grounds. The coastline there is pristine.
- No Children Policy
The resort is exclusively for adults so you can be assured of no noisy children at dinner - yippee! It's all refreshingly civilised and so relaxing.
- Holiday Feel
Don't let the pictures of the 'dated' decor put you off. It's a 'cool kitsch'. Our room made us feel like we were on holidays straight away. It was fun and really adds to the feel of the place. Remember this is Australia's oldest resort. Going made me feel like I was stepping back in time.
It's the little things at Kim's that makes all the difference. You get your own table for every meal - with a personalised welcome card! I loved that. When you leave the room for breakfast, your room is made up. When you go for dinner, your room is made up. When it rains, an umbrella is left outside your bungalow door etc.
- Super friendly
I have never experience more genuinely friendly reception and wait staff ... really!
- Well managed
The owners were there at the restaurant to welcome every guest, every single night. We couldn't quite believe it. Their very presence ensures everything runs like clockwork and there are no problems with service.
What impressed us most was the number of repeat customers staying. I think that says a lot.
Kim's does not cater for customers who want a beautifully presented meal on a plate. All meals are served buffet style, and while the buffet itself is well presented, it is not the best we have eaten. The food is good, but not in the 'amazing' category. Personally I think the buffet is Kim's main 'achilles heel'.
Food aside, I would still go back for another weekender just for the view and service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kims Beach Hideaway is located right on the beach with absolute ocean views and just over an hours drive north of Kims. Accommodation is in individual timber lodges with a seperate restaurant and cocktail lounge. Meals are included in most packages and served buffet style. Kims in adults only and a Small Luxury Hotel of the World. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Booking.com so you can book your Kims Beachside Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kims Beach Hideaway Hotel Toowoon Bay
- Kims Beach Hideaway Wyong