Stayed recently for a couple of nights in a beachside bungalow on a dinner, bed and breakfast package. Kims has a fantastic location on the beach nestled between a stand of Norfolk pines and a small piece of rainforest.
The cabins themselves are well appointed but fell short of luxurious. Only the more premium cabins are equipped with outdoor spas and only about half have absolute beachfront. That said the cabins are comfortable and come with indoor spa, TV , DVD (with large library available) and stereo system, although with such a great settting the outdooors offers more appeal. For those staying in winter most of the cabins do not come with log fires.
Apart from location the other special part of Kims is the food. Although it is not al a carte the buffet is a gastronomic feast offering a choice of premium hot and cold foods, the menu changing daily. One minor inconvenience is food is served at set times , dinner from 7:30pm and breakfast from 8am with service lasting approx. 90min, the price to be payed for ensuring a fresh buffet I guess. Dont miss the canapes served from 7pm and, although not included, alcohol was not overly expensive for a 5 star hotel. Also would suggest not getting a package which includes three meals as we found even with 2 meals we were still too full to appreciate the food fully.
In all we found Kims to be a great hotel in a perfect location however it is expensive and felt it was a little overpriced which would make us consider staying again. But by the number of repeat clientele encountered during our visit it appears that others do not feel the same.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kims Beach Hideaway is located right on the beach with absolute ocean views and just over an hours drive north of Kims. Accommodation is in individual timber lodges with a seperate restaurant and cocktail lounge. Meals are included in most packages and served buffet style. Kims in adults only and a Small Luxury Hotel of the World. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Expedia, Odigeo, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kims Beachside Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kims Beach Hideaway Hotel Toowoon Bay
- Kims Beach Hideaway Wyong